Game crashes after a cutscene (Parasite Eve 2)
  • Hi everybody,

I am halfway through the first CD of Parasite Eve 2. I am experiencing a weird bug that I never had before and I wonder if you guys ever had that same problem.

After a specific cutscene in the game (when Aya goes to sleep in the motel room), the game completely crashes. I washed the CD with alcohol and it didn't help. I went to my local video store to have it repaired : the disc looks as good as new, but I still have the same problem. Since I own two consoles, both NTSC PSones (the smaller, white one), I switched the system, but the game still crashes at the same exact moment, regardless of which PSone I'm using.

The problem seems to be with the game, but I recently had it repaired and I don't know what to try next. Did you ever have that kind of problem with any game, or with Parasite Eve 2 specifically? Do you know how to solve it?

Thanks for your support!
  • If the game was repaired properly it should be working fine. Only other thing to try would be to delete the save and start over from the beginning.

You could also try the game in someone else's PS2 or PS3 to make absolutely sure it isn't the game.