Ps3 Wont Play Games,but Does Play Movies And Blurays
  • AS TITLE STATES JUST STOPPED PLAYING GAMES BUT STILl plays all movies any info would be great thanks
  • That is a sign that your system's blu-ray drive is starting to fail. If you have had this system less than one year contact Sony about repairs under warranty ASAP.
  • no its over a year now about18 months old
  • In that case you are in the same situation as I was. I would still recommend contacting Sony about repairs but they will charge $150. It will be either that or look into a replacement PS3 (which is what I did). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
  • is there anywat to tell for sure or anything else to try
  • thanks bye the way from a fellow canadian
  • The loss of being able to play your games is as sure a sign as you are going to get. Other than contacting Sony your other option would be to look locally for repairs or, if you are up to it, buy a replacement drive and do the repairs yourself (not recommended if you aren't sure about delving in to the guts of the system).
  • hey where besides ebay can i get one mine looks different than the ones there.mine doesnt have a top that slides off like the one on youtube thanks
  • There are sites out there that sell PlayStation 3 parts but we do not allow links to them due to our rules regarding linking to commercial sites as well as some of these sites sel other items that could be used to play illegal copies of games for other systems. A search for PlayStation 3 parts should did up some sites then just make sure you use your PS3's model number to make sure of what to get.
  • thanks again i got one on ebay