• Hi All, first post on here so thanks in advance for your help. I have bought a second hand PS3 slim. I have connected by HDMI to a Samsung TV with Anynet. When I turn on the PS
  • Welcome to Absolute PlayStation, Chris. Hope this is to be the first of many visits! :)

It is definitely not normal to have to hold the power button down that long just to turn the PS3 on or off. Does the same thing happen if you push the PS button on the controller to turn it on?
  • No if I push the PS button the PS3 turns straight on and if I shut it down by normal "Turn off system" then it boots straight back up again with no problem. Its only when I turn it on first time that I cant get it to connect and I have to hold the power button down to get it to switch off. Just times it and it is indeed 16 seconds to turn off.
  • Ah, ok. Well, as long as it is turning on and off properly using the PS buttons things should be fine. That is how you actually are supposed to be turning things on/ off. No need to use the actual power button on the system itself for the most part.