Api Games Tournament!
  • Here it is! The second API games tournament! If you missed the first one, then shame on you! Great fun was had by all, and it was Squall9999 who won the Bookworm tournament, but this time we
  • YEEEEHHHH!!!!!!!

iT'S HERE IT'S FINNALY HERE!

i'M GOOD AT GOLF!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:
  • I don't golf but I can drive the cart and drink the beer! :disco:

Dan... I think mine was beginner's luck... but I'll take it for now. Watch your email for my screen shot.

Good game by the way... plays fast and easy to learn!
  • Well... we are keen aren't we!!! 3 entries already, and after 3 hours the scoreboard looks like this:

1. Daniel M STAFF - 30
    2. Topper - 39
    3. Ali-g7 - 48
    3. Prince_Vegeta - 48

I'll update the website soon, but my internet is only allowing me online for 5 minutes at a time before it cuts out!
  • Originally posted by Daniel M STAFF@May 27 2003, 04:37 AM

I'll update the website soon, but my internet is only allowing me online for 5 minutes at a time before it cuts out!

That's because your mom put a non-studying filter on it and it knows you still have exams coming up!! :P
  • With the piccy waiting to be confirmed, I
  • Ohh!

I'll beet all of you in good time!

Al in good time! :fight: :fight:

Dan how did you get 30??? :blink: :blink:

p.s i've now got 44.
  • Damn i'm good!!

There should be a screenshot on the way of Gid breaking the 30 barrier :flex:

That's right a score of 29 is my current personal best, but no doubt there's more to come :2cool:

• The game is great and it actully runs, I managed to finish my second round on 32 strokes BUT I don't have a print screen button :cry:
    I'm gonna have to explore my computor a bit closer and then I'll go beat that 30 score of yours Dan, can't be that hard if you think like a computer program instead of like a minigolf player. And after all this hacking of my own putor that can't be too hard.
  • after half an hour i've reached 27. The windmill's a PITA. i like the other golf game's graphics more. Let's see, what else can i complain about...oh yeah-

25!

i'll keep trying. Nice work there :notworthy: 'daddy'
  • I've cut it down to 24, now all i have to do is find a computer that will let me display my success all over the world and not only to my dog.
  • I don't know how lucky anyone can get to get all thise hole in ones, but I try for this competition, and see how well I do, since i don't thaink that I'm that good at mini golf :helpme:
  • Hmmm.... this seems too easy!!! Looks like i'll have to be adding an extra twist later on this week! ;)

Loads of new screenshots, and i'm afraid Steve, your score HAS been beaten!!! (ha! who's the daddy now!!!) The new scoreboard, looks like this!

1. Knowze Gungk - 20
    2. Steve F STAFF - 22
    3. Juggleknot - 27
    4. Daniel M STAFF - 30
    5. tonygillis - 33
    6. Ali-g7 - 35
    7. chargerfanchs - 38
    8. Topper - 39
    9. jdm1108 - 39
    10. Prince_Vegeta - 48

Phew! If my internet manages to hold out for another hour or so, i'll hopefully update the website, and watch out for an extra twist to the tournament coming up soon if scores continue to get lower!
    :)
    I can't have you lot getting off easy now can I!!!!

Manne, you may be able to simply copy and paste your screenshot into paint... i'll check it out and PM you with an alternative way to save the screenshot.
  • :lol: at knowze beating Steve without bragging about it.

I don't have paint Dan, but I shall see if I can't use a computer over at the Uni.

After having read the post from mad below: I own a MACINTOSH. It usually doesn't come with paint. I got some other programs for handling pictuers, but that's not the problem. The problem is that I don't know how to save the screenshot. I've browsed around every button in the meny. The print screen option does just what it sais, but it doesn't save the picture. So I figured the best way to do this is to simply walk the 200 meters to the schools computors, use them for 15 minutes and do the whole thing there. :)
  • Paint is a MS program and may only ship with XP. I know that i have 98SE on one of my other PCs and it doesn't have Paint but this PC does(and it's actually what i use to edit screenshots). I don't know if any of this is your problem Manne but do you happen to have Adobe? Because i'm pretty sure you can save the screen in there. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Ive just beat my score by three! its now:

I know it may not break the record but its an achivment for me!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
  • Matching the 20 took a steady swing, but I got there in the end!

Not sure about those two par 4 holes though. I can get very close indeed to a hole in one, but no cigar as of yet.

Can the 20 barrier be broken?

We shall see :cunning:
  • I broke my score by 10.
  • Don't worry guys, there's still room for improvement there. I wouldn't be suprised if one of you hits the 18 mark by tomorrow, just remember to take your time on those damn par 4s.

How'd you make the windmill Gid, have you figured out the timing? Personally, I fluked it, by not letting go of the mouse to sneeze & accidently clicking in the process. Next time, I think I'll close my eyes, cross my arms and click the button with my nose or, then again, maybe not.
  • KG - on the windmill hole i basically lined the shot up straight making sure it had enough power, shut my eyes for a couple of secs and then played the shot.

Trying to time it right was waaaaayyyyy too tricky, so just do the preparation and then hope for a bit of luck ;)
  • I've actually been able to sink a hole in one on that long Z shaped one, but only once. I usually end up one centimeter from the hole.

On the windmill, it is a good idea to put a 1/2 sec. delay on your trigger finger since it seems as every time you think is the perfect moment to let the shot go it ends up blocked by a wing. ;)
  • Well ive done the windmill one once or twice with a bit of luck but the two i get stuck onare the first par 4 one and the last one! On the firstpar for one i can get to the hole but every time I try to get more power on the shot, I can't because the mouse keps coming off the screen! As for the last one I can get a hole in two but not a hole in one haw do I get it??!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

oh and just got 30!!
    :clap: :clap:
  • For the Z shaped one, drop the ball in the top left corner of its pad and move the pointer into the highest stepping stone on the right, so it's (with want for a better word) wrist sits on the bottom of the stepping stone & a knuckle sticks out over the edge.

The other par 4 is very simple, I discovered. Drop the ball in the top left corner of it's pad, then move the pointer into the top left corner of the page, as far up & left as it can go.

I started ignoring the windmill alltogether, just line the shot & fire. It's gone through 95% of the time (well 75%, but it was 3/4, so if I played more games, it would surely have been 95%).
  • Originally posted by manneman@May 28 2003, 08:22 AM
    I own a MACINTOSH.

I salute you.

Oh and I got 34
  • I Don't know about you lot but I think ive just found a glitch! :blink:

On the 'z' shaped one, Somtimes when I hit it, it bounces round the first barrier bit and then travels down to the second barrier, bounces off the wall and gets stuck in between the second barrier! :blink:

Has anyone else done this??!! :huh:
  • Originally posted by madhtr_STAFF@May 28 2003, 12:30 AM
    [b]Paint is a MS program and may only ship with XP. I know that i have 98SE on one of my other PCs and it doesn't have Paint but this PC does(and it's actually what i use to edit screenshots). [/b]

Paint is a basic graphic editor available on all types of windows. I don't believe it's available on Macs )-:

To add paint to your menu... you will need your windows disk or CD.

Right Click on the Start button > Choose Control Panel > add remove programs> Windows Setup> Accessories> And check the box for Paint. It will prompt you for your windows disk or CD.
  • Ta da! (drum roll please)

Thanks to KG
  • OMG!! How the hell can you do the last one!!! I've got must of the 17 holes before it in one or two shots, except the last one!!! How the :swear: are you supposed to do that in one hole??!??!?

:swear:
  • Well well well!!! Two perfect games, one from Steve, one from Knowze Gungk... incredible!!! And only a few days into the tournament aswell!

1. Knowze Gungk - 18
    1. Steve F STAFF - 18
    3. chargerfanchs - 21
    4. Juggleknot - 27
    5. Daniel M STAFF - 30
    5. Ali-g7 - 30
    7. tonygillis - 33
    8. Prince_Vegeta - 38
    9. Topper - 39
    9. jdm1108 - 39

Some excellent putting there!!! So Steve and Knowze already have perfect games... but don't think the tournament ends there!! As there's still over a week and a half left to play, it's time to introduce a tie-breaker!!! Yep, that's right! For anybody tied on scores (e.g. Steve and Knowze) then the winner will be decided by the person, with the lowest round on....

3D Golf

The same rules apply, although the original Mini Golf game is still the main game, the 3D Golf scores will be used to decide between anybody on the same scores from the Mini Golf game... again same rules apply, with regards to sending screenshots and such like!

:) Good luck all! Unfortunately i'm having major problems getting online at the moment, with NTL Broadband, it's working at the moment for 1 hour in the morning and 1 late at night, i'm not amused... i'll update the website, and the first post when i can get online without being booted off...
    :(
  • So is the acctual tournement over and I can't send in any more scores? :unsure:
  • Nope, the tournament is very much still running, until the 7th June as planned. So you can continue playing the original Mini Golf until you've got your best score possible, and keep sending in your scores. But since Steve and Knowze already have the best possible score 18, the only way to decide the winner is have a tie-break, so whoever then gets the highest score in the 3D Golf game will win the tournament overall.

p.s. Internet fixed! Woohoo!!!!
  • Here's a tip for you who are having agony over the windmill.
    Place the ball in the up left corner, so that the hand is just inside the green area, a bit into the drop zone in other words.
    Draw the shot up to the sign (you will be shooting in teh "wrong" direction), the thumb of the hand should stick in the wave of the 3
    like 3<- there.<br />This worked 3 times out of 3 for me, the ball will go through one of the side tunnels and won't be blocked by one of the wings.
  • Originally posted by Daniel M STAFF@May 29 2003, 12:25 PM
    Nope, the tournament is very much still running, until the 7th June as planned. So you can continue playing the original Mini Golf until you've got your best score possible, and keep sending in your scores. But since Steve and Knowze already have the best possible score 18, the only way to decide the winner is have a tie-break, so whoever then gets the highest score in the 3D Golf game will win the tournament overall.

p.s. Internet fixed! Woohoo!!!!

So if I get the best score in 3d golf I win the tournement!!!??? :woot: :woot: :woot:
  • Originally posted by ali-g7@May 29 2003, 02:19 PM
    [b]So if I get the best score in 3d golf I win the tournement!!!??? :woot: :woot: :woot:

[/b]

No , youll only be fifth.
  • Well done Gab for actually grasping the concept of a tie-break! :rolleyes:

No Ali... the 3D Golf score is only used if you are tied in the same position on the Mini Golf game. e.g. Steve and Knowze...

If you get a higher 3D Golf score than me, assuming we both stay on 30 on the Mini Golf, then you'll finish 5th and i'll finish 6th.
  • Wahay!

I'm 5th hopfully now because i've just got...

28!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot:
  • I would try and beat you all but the game just won't work for me.
  • Spider, and anybody else who can't get onto the game using the original link, try this one... http://web.mit.edu/wnellie/www/miniputt.swf and it should work! If not, then just send me a quick PM and i'll try to help. There's also a Mini Putt 2 (the second version of this game) and if anyone wants the link after the tournament has finished, just give me a PM.
  • Well done Charger the walrus for joining the elite 18 club!! Tony, Ali and jdm have all improved on their scores too.

1. Knowze Gungk - 18
    1. Steve F STAFF - 18
    1. chargerfanchs - 18
    4. Juggleknot - 27
    5. Ali-g7 - 28
    5. tonygillis - 28
    7. Daniel M STAFF - 30
    8. jdm1108 - 37
    9. Prince_Vegeta - 38
    10. Topper - 39

There will be a big update today, finally uploading the screenshots to the website, and i'll be sending out e-mails to the top 3 about the 3D Golf tie-breaker
  • Well thank you Dan. The "Elite 18" is a nice place to be, but I must send out "props" to the tips I've read here in this thread. Never would have made it without them (especially that Par 4 tip on #17) I think it came from Knowze Gungk.

To the rest of you, keep trying! Lord knows if I can make it you all surely can! :D
  • Lol charger! Sorry folks but it looks like my big update will have to come tommorrow, heck it IS my birthday today! So i'll be out clubbing and celebrating tonight!

What do you guys think of the 3D Golf? I'm not so sure on my choice, if nobody has started playing it yet, then i may change it too the Mini Putt 2 (which is the second version of the game you've been playing) much more challenging and very addictive!!! What do you reckon?
  • Oh for f**ks sake!

I have to beat my score of 28 now to be 5th! :blink:

p,s at least i'm beating dan who dosent seem to be trying! :blink:
  • Yeah, I'm just too good! Well, not bad for a 13 year old! And I didn't need any tips! :peace:
  • Tony's moving his way up the scoreboard, he's now 4th. I WILL upload the screenshots to the website today, and i'll be trying to improve on my score too! I've not had a chance this week, with all my internet problems, and my birthday...

Anywho, here's the current scoreboard, 1 week into the tournament...

1. Knowze Gungk - 18
    1. Steve F STAFF - 18
    1. chargerfanchs - 18
    4. tonygillis - 25
    5. Juggleknot - 27
    6. Ali-g7 - 28
    7. Daniel M STAFF - 30
    8. jdm1108 - 37
    9. Prince_Vegeta - 38
    10. Topper - 39
  • Website finally done, all screenshots uploaded, unfortunately the quality is rather crappy.... :doh:

Website
  • Crappy isn't the word for it!J/K But at least we can look at the scores now! I'm going to try and beat 25 now!
  • 3 new scores today, and 2 new competitors! Manneman joining the "elite 18" club!

1. Knowze Gungk - 18
    1. Steve F STAFF - 18
    1. chargerfanchs - 18
    1. manneman - 18
    5. tonygillis - 22
    6. Juggleknot - 27
    7. Ali-g7 - 28
    8. Daniel M STAFF - 30
    8. crashkart - 30
    10. jdm1108 - 37
    11. Prince_Vegeta - 38
    12. Topper - 39
  • No new scores in 4 days... has everybody stopped playing? :think:

Only a few more days left, and Steve, Knowze, Charger and Manne are all on 18.

So whoever get's the highest score on this new tie-breaker (since 3D Golf didn't seem to popular) will be the winner of the second APi Games Tournament!

Mini Putt 2

It's the next version of the original Mini Golf game you've been playing, it's much more challenging, but just as addictive, come on guys, we need a winner!
  • That one is wat harder! I only got a 42! But I have the best score other than the 18's!
  • Originally posted by Daniel M STAFF@Jun 4 2003, 03:04 PM
    So whoever get's the highest score on this new tie-breaker (since 3D Golf didn't seem to popular) will be the winner of the second APi Games Tournament!

Don't you mean lowest score? If it's the highest score that would be easy! Just tank every hole until you reach the putt limit. :unsure: It's easy to do, believe me, I've already done it a couple of times!

How about some clarification on that Daniel? :rules:
  • Well, duh i obviously meant the lowest score :P

The tournament is now officially over, by the way... charger was the only member to even try the tie-breaker, which means by default, charger is the APi Golf Tournament winner!!!

Unfortunately the whole tournament's gone a bit tit's up, with all my exams over the last 2 weeks and now my new baby my PS2, there's not been much updating or much of anything.

But still, the tournament is now finished, and charger is the winner. I will complete the final update tommorrow, and post a final scoreboard, plus news on the next tournament (which will be run properly) tommorrow morning, but for now i'll close this thread...

Congrats Charger!
  • I've managed to get away from the PS2 for a few minutes... ;)

Here's the FINAL Scoreboard.

1. chargerfanchs - 18 + 37
    2. Knowze Gungk - 18
    2. Steve F STAFF - 18
    2. manneman - 18
    5. tonygillis - 22
    6. Juggleknot - 27
    7. Ali-g7 - 28
    8. Daniel M STAFF - 30
    8. crashkart - 30
    10. Gabriel Knight - 36
    11. jdm1108 - 37
    12. Prince_Vegeta - 38
    13. Topper - 39

So again, very well done to charger!!!

Unfortunately this tournament was rather poorly organised, but blame that on my GCSE's!

However, the next tournament WILL be run properly, and be organised correctly, and will be a load of fun!!!

From now on, the tournaments will only last 1 week (since everybody seems to lose interst in the 2nd week, and it drags on for too long). There will be a tournament at the beginning of every month, so there next one will begin on the first Saturday of July.

I'll post more information nearer the time, but i'm looking for any ideas, or suggestions anybody has to make the next tournament a proper success!

• Is miniputt 2 in the tournament too.
  • Congrats' Charger, that was a tough one to finish. I gave up after taking about 10 shots at the water one.

Prince Vegeta,
    It was part of the tournament, yes.
  • Thank you Daniel and Knowze Gungk!

Let the Coronation Ceremony commence!

Top o' the world Ma! :flex:
  • Congrads to everyone who particapated and especially to Charger. I'll have to settle for 5th place.
  • Is the tounament over.
  • I'm sad to say it is prince vegeta.

p.s Follow the tournement next time! :rolleyes:
  • Which is the next tournament sorry when is it. :fight: so I can win.
  • Originally posted by Daniel M STAFF@Jun 8 2003, 02:19 PM
    There will be a tournament at the beginning of every month, so there next one will begin on the first Saturday of July.

I'll post more information nearer the time.

Vegeta, please do us all a favour and actually READ the thread before posting. If you would have read just one page back you would have reliased 1. The tournament is over, and 2. when the next tournament is.
  • Hey, congrats Walruss.
    (sorry I'm a bit late, I'm on holiday)
    Hey Dan, can't I get a gold star for sending in a score from the 3D golf?
  • Congrats to everyone in the top 10.Afraid i didn't have much time for trying this one out (what few times i did i managed to botch a hole or two and keep my score too high).Somewhat curious to see what you come up with for next time Daniel! :)
  • Congrads to Daniel for running a sucsessful tournament.