• i open this section. i see 25 threads. 8 of them are polls. something is wrong with this picture. whats next? a poll on "what are you doing right now?" ooh ooh or how about "vote who has created the best poll?". im all for polls. they can be fun sometimes. but this is rediculous. just because something happens somewhere on the planet Earth does not mean there should be a poll about it. just wait... tommorrow there will be a poll called "Are Polls Annoying?" and everyone will vote no... but oh well. my point has been made.
  • I could not agree more. Come on people, make a discussionary topic, not a "which is you favorite" poll, polls become stale and general lack any type of dicussion or exchange, all responses generally end in "yeah I like them too".......come on folks, lets try a lil harder.

Anything in moderation is ok.
  • Heh hah, what a freaking hardy arse crack up! I suppose you are right Junkhead. Nice to see you are actually posting. By the way Devilchild I heard you have seen Lucifer around, tell him Lethal_Injection has a bone to pick with him and he better get his evil butt back here and fight like a man! Really though tell Luc to come back to APi, I dont care how many reptiles he has to stroke. The APi atmosphere just aint the same.
  • Absolutely right Junkhead. Rather than just have a poll on your favourite sport. For everybody to say "My favourite is soccer" why not have a discussion about it instead, say why you like it. It's no fun simply saying what your favourite x is. I come to these forums to have a decent discussion. Anyway, there may be a decision on the amount of use of the Poll's coming soon.
  • Why not make it so that you can only make polls after you have over 500 posts.
  • The idea i had for this (which im sure noone will like) is to make polls only creatable by staff members. that would surely keep down the number of them. creating them after a certain post count is a good idea too. but could be just a doorway to more spam. (sounds stupid but youd be surprised). so basically every now and then a staff member could make a poll about something they thought was interesting or important or whatever. and members vote on it.
  • Originally posted by Lethal_Injection@Jun 5 2003, 10:44 PM
    By the way Devilchild I heard you have seen Lucifer around, tell him Lethal_Injection has a bone to pick with him and he better get his evil butt back here and fight like a man! Really though tell Luc to come back to APi, I dont care how many reptiles he has to stroke. The APi atmosphere just aint the same.

We exchange emails once in awhile and from the sounds of things he sounds really busy and has lil' or no time for the ol 'API.
  • Originally posted by gabriel knight@Jun 6 2003, 09:51 AM
    Why not make it so that you can only make polls after you have over 500 posts.

I agree. There would be better polls because of the more experianced members then! Although people would be moning about not being aload to post polls! :think:
  • [quote]I agree. There would be better polls because of the more experianced members then! Although people would be moning about not being aload to post polls!

Post Count does not equal experience. You of all people should know that.
  • Eons ago we had a set of rules in place that you could not start polls, enter the LIVEChat or have a personal avatar until you had 100 posts.

Quite frankly I don't like the idea about PM'ing a STAFF member about posting a poll. I'll PM a Jim or Lyndon about a post that may be objectionable but a poll? Please, I am not a retard. I have been around APi long enough to know what will pass as a good poll and what won't.

I have been logged in here in over a week, what do I see when I log in? 1099 new replies, too many of them are spam. A good game is gone now as well, because of spam.

No offence the topic starter of the favourite ice cream flavour thread but honestly who gives a :stink: ?

I am very sorry if I am offending anyone here but I am getting really sick and tired of see spammers warning spammers and Mods warning spammers and no one is getting the d**n message.

Wake up and smell the coffee, if you have been warned about spamming... stop. I am getting a little p****d off.

• Well folks, since the advent of this brilliant thread of Junky's, it seems that the new rule is in place about starting a new poll and it's been pretty quiet on the poll front. I do honestly understand your point, Rex, about being around long enough to know what does and does not constitute a good thread topic, unfortunately there are too many members here who would feel the same way and would be wrong . (we've already seen enough evidence of that, have we not!?)
    So, in order to be fair to everyone, everyone has to follow the same rules. Yeah, just another case of one (or two or four) bad apples spoiling the whole bunch. Quite frankly, it p!sses me off too!! Why can't some people get the idea in their heads that, just because a thought pops into your head, that doesn't mean that you have to spew it out!!!!!

But, the one thing you can always count on in life is change, so who know about this one. Perhaps at some point we'll fine-tune it a bit, to go back to being more fair to the members who are sharp enough to start polls that have some contributory (??) value. Until that time, this seem to be working well.