• i have noticed since returning more to the site, that there are more and more incidents of spamming. Why is this? im sure it never used to be this bad, maybe the mods were able to clamp down on it quicker, but it just seems to me there are more, and they know they are doing at as they are having many public tellings off (and im sure many over PM) but it doesnt seem to be working. Maybe there should be a name and shame policy on them, or maybe it should be 3 times your out, but i think something needs to be done. They are ruining good threads (eg 'another game') These people and they know who they are seriously need to grow up. NOONE CARES ABOUT HOW MANY POSTS U HAVE!!!! this has been told countless times, and has ended up with this being removed altogether. :bash:

so spammers, PACK IT IN!!!!! or your going to ruin the enjoyment of everybody else
  • Originally posted by oddish182000@Jun 16 2003, 05:34 AM
    Maybe there should be a name and shame policy on them, or maybe it should be 3 times your out, but i think something needs to be done.

I am sure that the three strike rule could apply anywhere...but I can honestly say for how many mods that are on a constantly watching there is only so much they can do. Although, I have seen while they are here that they DO clamp down on them and even some of the members for that matter. Sure it needs to stop, but there is only so much power that two or three moderators can have.
  • Just put them in a room with me and a pack of pencils and that'll take care of that........Just ask Fluff(Daniel).

Yeah, we do our best to keep the site free of spam while also trying to help the spammers see the wrong in their ways......though usually we have to ban them for them to understand and even then there are still a few that think we're in the wrong.
  • Originally posted by madhtr_STAFF@Jun 16 2003, 06:12 PM
    [b]Just put them in a room with me and a pack of pencils and that'll take care of that........Just ask Fluff(Daniel).
    [/b]

:cry:

Although i'd like to take this thread to point out that since the removal of the post counts, shall we say... certain members haven't been seen posting at all, let alone 40 posts a day. Coincidence? Hmmm.... looks like we've taken one successful step on the road to stop the spam!

:peace:

• Yes Odd, as Fluff (Daniel) pointed out, Jim B has made some changes so that the number of posts that we have is no longer showing here, and I think that it's working very very nicely. As we've all surmised, too many members think that post count actually counts for something, but now that they are seeing that it doesn't by the post count being gone, I think that the worst spammers have kicked back and relaxed now, or have just left the place altogether. We should see the improvement continue, me thinks! :D
  • I guess it just goes to show how much spamming is related to some form of post count fixation.

Why?

I dunno
  • I know I have already asked Suze and madhtr this..but I still can't seem to understand...why did Jim also remove the custom member title? Sure it was another distraction..but without post counts now don't you think it wouldn't matter anymore whether or not it was a distraction?
  • Basically, it was another incentive for members to spam. With nothing to gain from posting, it would seem the spammers don't want to post. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Red - A fair few members have lost the ability to have a custom title due to spamming levels. We apologise to those that have (it was nothing to do with them), but as Mad stated, this was just another incentive for members to SPAM. Perhaps this will not always be the case, but for now, we have to focus on dealing with what
  • I call this reply...

SPAM - THE FINAL WORD

I've had enough, if it's not spam that's filling up this forum, it's talk about spam.

Instead of bitching and moaning about the levels of spam at the moment, why don't you do something about it and start some interesting topics for members to debate? I don't mean to be rude or insult any of the respected members, but we've taken the steps neccessary to stop the spam, so let's leave it do it's job, which i feel it is already.

Let's put the whole idea of spam behind us now and let's start posting to enjoy and make discussion.

IF you are at all concerned about a member spamming, or the current spamming situation then please PM a member of STAFF, so we can deal with the issue privately.

From now on, here's to a APi anti-spam zone!

:peace:

and... chill!

Just remember, K.I.F. - Keep it Fluffy!
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions