• Have any of you been through a divorce with your parents? I believe my parents might be getting one because my Dad went and saw an attorney about it. If you have, do you have any advice on how to cope with it?
  • My folks got a divorce when I was 10 yrs old. My mother remarried and my father had two other wives.

I'm very fortunate, I have a mother and two fathers who have always been there for me.

Don't forget, their problems are between them, and probably have nothing to do with you. They both still love you reguardless of their situation. :peace:
  • I have never been part of a divorce...nor a victim...but I can say that I know tons of kids who have had it happen.

Like jdm said and I've heard many parents say to my friends...it is not you that causes their problem...and they both love you.

• Oh SpeedDemon, first of all I am so sorry to hear about your horrible situation!!!!! It sure is hard to go through, as a child of divorced parents, but what jdm said is sooooo right: whatever it is that they are going through, it is between them and has nothing to do with you!!! And they both love you, regardless of what they are feeling toward each other.

I myself got divorced from my son's dad when John was only 3 months old. (long story). His dad, Joe, has always been a very attentive father, THANK GOD, and has always played a very active role in John's life.

The #1 thing that I can think of to suggest to you is to never let them play you against each other!! Whatever problems they may have, they need to leave you out of it, so don't be too shy to tell them so! Make sure that they both know that you know that they both love you very much, and that you love them, but whatever problems they may have with each other, they need to leave you out of it.

My heart goes out to you Dear!!!!! If you ever need any 'Mom' type to talk to, I'm just a PM away!!!
  • Thanks for the kind words you guys. I don't want to get in the middle of this, but my parents some times make it very hard not to be. Some times I am glad my job keeps me out of the house for 10 hrs each day.