Us/uk Compatability
  • Hello folks.
    I have a European PS1 console and gamesand want to play it through a US tv system. I can only get a rolling picture and very distorted. Is this because it isnt compatible and I need to buy a US console? Hope you can help.
    Cheers
    Dave
  • It's the difference in formats that is getting in your way. To play on a US(NTSC) tv then you would need a US(NTSC) console to play on it.

If i'm not mistaken you may be able to get a PAL-NTSC converter to play on your UK tv though but i'm not sure which would be more cost efficient to you because I don't know any prices off the top of my head.

Also, i'm moving this into the PS1 thread. If this doesn't help then let us know. Actually, let us know if it helps you as well so we'd know for sure next time. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Your Right Mad, you can just get the converter to allow you to play on the US TV.

Over here the converters are only aorund $30 AUD so I can't see them being very expensive over there.
  • I've done a bit of digging around and it seems PAL to NTSC converters are somewhat harder to find over here in North America.You may have to check with wherever you bought your PS2 system.Or if possible,have a look through the online auction sites-you most likely will find just the thing there.
  • I have something called "Action Replay," which is a cheat device like Gameshark--I discovered a while back that it has a function that allows you to convert from PAL-NTSC or vice-versa. I don't know if they still sell 'em, but they were made by a company called Datel. Sorry,kat,had to remove the link,it didn't quite follow forum policy