Cool Tools
  • This past week I found this free download Google Earth. It is simply the most amazing tool I have found for my PC. Yesterday I was in Manhattan, Area 51, The Great Wall of China, Detroit and Chargers house. Thats right I was chatting with Charger and was curious, so I asked him if he would give me his address. He did. *I will advise to everyone to never give out your address to anyone in a chatroom* I then described his house to him.

Google Earth is a series of satellite pictures pieced together to create a map of the earth, some pictures are in high resolution. I was able to zoom in on vehicles at Area 51 with good clarity, Chargers house with relative clarity and a bulldozer working at Ground Zero in Manhattan with very good clarity .

I could go on and on about the features but there are too many to list.

What useful/amazing free tools have you found online?

Please check with a Moderator or Administrator on whether or not a link can be posted.

• I've had that downloaded but never got around to actually checking it out- not the type of thing I'd be using that often. No problem linking to that one, Rex. :)

Here's a handy site to keep hold of if you are ordering stuff online from out of country- a currency converter. They keep their rates up to date and can easily show just how much you're actually spending on that game on eBay! ;)

• this one's definetly a keeper

world.altavista.com

online translator featuring 20 or so language options
  • Tiff downloaded google earth a few weeks back - scared the hell out of me. If thats the technology they are letting u see what do you rekon the government have out now!!!

Found me mum and dads house on it and it must be a few years old the shots as my dads old red (mid life crisis) car was parked on their drive!
  • A while ago I found this cool program that cancels the need to memorize long and hard-to-remember URL:s. You simply type in what the requested page is about and it finds it for you.

www.google.com

Oh, my. Now that I've stopped laughing at my own idiocy may I add a few services?

This site offers all of you who can't afford an electrical tuner or you who want to train your sence of pitch a standard guitar tuning set. EADGHE.
    How to tune a guitar

Also, I couldn't help noticing the lack of Swedish from the babelfish link A-J posted. So if you ever find me "speaking" swedish in here you can translate it, word by word, here.
  • speaking of google earth, i was watching the insider or something like that and they had this feature of eva langorian's poster being visible from google earth. Has anyone checked that yet ?
  • QUOTE(A-J @ Apr 15 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]61128[/snapback]
    speaking of google earth, i was watching the insider or something like that and they had this feature of eva langorian's poster being visible from google earth. Has anyone checked that yet ? [/b]
    Why yes, yes I have. Here is a link... if you have Google Earth.