Silent Hill
  • With the crap coversion rate of video games to movies e.g. Resident Evil 1 & 2 (me & jane so cried at the second one), house of the dead, bloodrayne, Alone in the Dark, Tomb Raider and not lets forget Mario!!!

Now Silent Hill is getting a April 21st release in the UK & seen the advance preview.............................................................

Not saying much but if your a true worshipper of all Silent Hill like me you will not be dissapointed. It's well worthy of a stand alone release even if the games near existed.

Movie follows the first 2 games & has 3 graphic novels wrapped up in the film as well. Soundtrack is brutal!
  • eeeeeeeeeee i cannat wait!!!

Soon as those sirens go off that will be me pooing myself!!
  • It also seems that Konami is working on a remake of the first that is based on the movie rather than the first game itself. So..... looks like we'll have a video game of a movie that is a remake of the original game that the movie is based on.

Also, it's for the PSP. Too bad I'll never play it <3
  • i've read that konami themselves supervised the script for the movie.. so i HOPE that its a good one (Although its very unlikely)
  • On ebay they have a bundle with the first 3 games in - apparently a re-release because of the movie
  • forget the bundle, konami have officially announced a silent hill collection pack in a month or two which will have all the silent hill's at a cheap price, its scheduled for both the US and PAL area's
  • QUOTE(A-J @ Apr 17 2006, 03:07 AM) [snapback]61194[/snapback]

forget the bundle, konami have officially announced a silent hill collection pack in a month or two which will have all the silent hill's at a cheap price, its scheduled for both the US and PAL area's
    [/b]

Ehhh, I don't think Konami USA has announced the package... Not officially at least. Also, the package is only SH2-4. Only the PlayStation 2 games in the series. In the leaked release schedule for Konami, though, they show a PSP game titled Silent Hill: Original Sin, scheduled for mid-October, presumeably around the same time as the movie hits DVD.
  • well, from where i read that news it had the name of the original SH (PS version) in it as well. Although your right it only confirmed the package for the PAL area's,
  • QUOTE(madhtr @ Apr 17 2006, 03:29 AM) [snapback]61199[/snapback]

Ehhh, I don't think Konami USA has announced the package... Not officially at least. Also, the package is only SH2-4. Only the PlayStation 2 games in the series. In the leaked release schedule for Konami, though, they show a PSP game titled Silent Hill: Original Sin, scheduled for mid-October, presumeably around the same time as the movie hits DVD.
    [/b]

If that is true, then that isn't the official game. The collection from Konami is only 2-4, the PlayStation 2 games of the series.
  • It's realease date on UK is paril 21st? Here in the philippines it is said to be realesed late may about may 20.. awwwww :( The movie looks better that previous RE so maybe I'll give it a try.
  • As Jim posted today about Silent Hill topping the American Box Office, the word on the net & SH forums is that this film is the best VG to Film conversion ever!

Jane had the hairs stand on end when the intro music started & as I told ya, Akira Yamaoka musical score from the first 2 games was not touched or remixed in anyway and added to the whole Survival Horror Experience. Something I didn't pick up on the first time around was the shot-for-shot of about 12 minutes of the begining film from the first game, same camera angles, same sounds and a lot of the video gaming geeks in the cinema were on edge that they brought back the burning children after the air-raid siren went off from the US game release instead of the "demon claw hand small child" that the European release got.

I take my hat to director Christophe Gans (Crying Freeman & Brotherhood of the Wolf - both excellent films) and gets triple thumbs up from me!!

P.S. 2 best bits from the film is Red Pyramid doing a skin job & Alessa's rising with barb wire! - Thankyou for adapting them from Silent Hill:Life is not a Dream comic
  • What more can i say absoultley fantastic!!!!

Visual masterpiece and the soundtrack kicked in at all the right times!! Best film i have seen in a looooooooong time (esp after the harry potter crap of last year <_< )
  • I loved the movie. I especially liked the Demon with what looked like cloud's buster sword.
  • egad, you guys have already seen it ? im so far behind !!
  • QUOTE(SpeedD3mon @ Apr 24 2006, 04:11 PM) [snapback]61600[/snapback]

I loved the movie. I especially liked the Demon with what looked like cloud's buster sword.
    [/b]

Red Pyramid was the Hero of the film!!!!! Big Sword? It almost had there fecking eyes out on the first take!!

The ending was so predictable, a sequel in the works??
  • Haven't seen it, but thoroughly enjoyed the first Resident Evil movie. Not too shabby for a game to movie adaptation. Tomb Raider wasn't bad either.
  • Sounds good, I like the fact that I wont be dissapointed, I am a massive fan of the Doom series and have been ever since ID released it way back when. Also, I loved the latest Doom game aswell. So I was really really dissapointed with the Doom movie starring The Rock when I watched it.

Only slight similarities to the actual game plot, I was looking forward to the "hell and back" scenes.