• Was just sitting here watching Samurai Champloo on Adult Swim and started wondering how many other people enjoy watching anime, and what their favorites were. I'd have to say that Neon Genesis Evangelion is still my favorite due to all of the drama and comedy that fit together quite well with the action. I remember I used to have a list of all of the series/movies I owned, but that was probably seriously out of date anyway, so I'm not even gonna bother looking it up.

Other favs of mine just happen to feature on Adult Swim, though I've seen all of them before they started airing there, so I don't feel as much like a follower as I would have otherwise. Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Trigun are the other three I refer to. They all combine the things I love: Blood, more blood, cursing, even more blood, and comedy.

Also, they just started airing a new show from Bandai called..... Ummmm..... *forgets*..... *looks up the name -_-* *looks up and sees commercial for it* Eureka Seven (Saturdays at Midnight for those with Cartoon Network). Anyway, I missed the first episode last week, so I can't say how it's gonna be, but from the looks of it, I might enjoy the show.

Anywho, my question to you, as posed in the opening statement: Do you enjoy some anime and if so, what shows/movies?
  • Well, I do have watched some animes, not very frequently now, though. I can say I have watched Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, Trigun, Hellsing, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Bleach and some others which I'm not remembering.

Still, recently, as in today, I had the chance to see 2 episodes of the new Disgaea anime. Until now, it looks good and almost every history-relevant character has appeared in the series.

Anyways, probably, the anime that most caught my attention was Hellsing. I've been looking almost everywhere for the manga and can hardly wait for the Hellsing Ultimate DVDs.
  • GITS
    Gundam series

If they put on more different shows maybe I would watch more Adult Swim.
  • I'm spoiled by the internet. When I first really started getting into anime, I watched Cowboy Bebop and Trigun on Adult Swim (as well as Blue Gender and Big O), but since then, I've been all for subs rather than the American dubs.

That really came when I found out that there's actually footage cut out of FLCL to fit it into the timeslots provided for it on Adult Swim.

So! In hopes of getting the original version as much as possible, I tend to watch fansubs for the most part.

As for favorites?

Cowboy Bebop is by far the best, but that's only because Ed and Jet are both heroes of mine. :P

Bleach is pretty good; it's like you took DBZ and made it worth watching.

FLCL, Trigun, and lots of others are great as well, but Cowboy Bebop definitely takes the cake, no matter how cliche of an answer that is.
  • I used to watch DBZ all the time, but eventually I stopped. I watched until about the middle of the Buu saga. I like anime, but don't have much spare time to watch it.
  • [i]I loved the DBZ/GT [Though i never saw it (GT)] series an as u can see my fav was/is VEGETA

I like Inu Yasha and Samurai X too
    Pokemon is quiet ok but here where i live we are yet in the GS {gold Silver} season