Arcade Problems Somebody Help!
  • hi everyone im new and i being playing the arcade but everytime the game ends and i submit my score it logs me out and im put on this screen thats says menu disabled can anyone help?
  • APi staff are currently still ironing out some faults. Give it 24 hours or so and the problem should be sorted.
  • Welcome aboard, Kissamonk.

Things are still being worked on as the site is still a little new after some two years of downtime.

Besides the arcade what games are you playing? Anything you need help with simply make a post and I'm sure someone here will be more than happy to help.

• Welcome to APi kicka-monk!

You are not alone. Others are having similar problems. Not to worry, these glitches are being worked out. Enjoy your stay and come back often!
  • thx guys it works now
    cheers
  • QUOTE(kickassmonk @ May 2 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]62102[/snapback]

thx guys it works now
    cheers
    [/b]

oh sorry guys im having the same problem again
  • QUOTE(kickassmonk @ May 3 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]62160[/snapback]

oh sorry guys im having the same problem again
    [/b]

Is anyone else having problems in the ARCADE getting scores registered, or getting "you can not use this area" messages ?
  • QUOTE(Jim B STAFF @ May 3 2006, 06:46 PM) [snapback]62178[/snapback]

Is anyone else having problems in the ARCADE getting scores registered, or getting "you can not use this area" messages ?
    [/b]

When I signed up with a new account I was not able to do several things, but now since I am in "executive" I am able to do the things I couldn't before.
  • Kickass - try this

go to the main absolute community homepage at: http://sony.absolute-playstation.com and click on the link near the bottom of the page that says:

Delete cookies set by this board

this will log you out. log back in try using the arcade again. I think this will fix your problem.

Jim
  • hi jim it did work fro a day by deleting cookies but now it doesnt work again
  • QUOTE(kickassmonk @ May 5 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]62322[/snapback]

hi jim it did work fro a day by deleting cookies but now it doesnt work again
    [/b]

Try clearing the cookies again - I have been making lots of changes over the last 24 hours that may have caused the same problem. It should clear the problem for you.
  • afraid not jim its the the same aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb sorry ot just wont let me post it so i have to make it longer some spambot thing
  • Shadow The Hedgehog is acting up for me today. It was fine earlier but now when I submit scores it logs me out and puts my score up as guest.
  • yeah just like sonic :59:
  • QUOTE(chargerfanchs @ May 6 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]62431[/snapback]

Shadow The Hedgehog is acting up for me today. It was fine earlier but now when I submit scores it logs me out and puts my score up as guest.
    [/b]

Dont worry we know about the problems and are fixing them now.

Jim
  • Okey doke then! :D

psst! Swat 3d too. :(
  • QUOTE(Jim B STAFF @ May 6 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]62433[/snapback]

Dont worry we know about the problems and are fixing them now.

Jim
    [/b]

UPDATE - The problem is now fixed.

Go back to the community homepage and click on the arcade link again to update the version of ARCADE you are using and fix the bug.

Jim
  • Jet-pac

When I play it the first time, the screen is fine, everything works as it should. When I try to replay it, all I can see is white background and the colored aliens/comets (or spacefarts as they've been called). The black and white in the backgrounds and scores are reversed. Since the player and rocket stages are white, you can't tell what's going on. It has happened two days in a row and deleting cookies did not help. Anybody else have this problem?
  • QUOTE(chargerfanchs @ May 8 2006, 08:38 AM) [snapback]62544[/snapback]

Jet-pac

When I play it the first time, the screen is fine, everything works as it should. When I try to replay it, all I can see is white background and the colored aliens/comets (or spacefarts as they've been called). The black and white in the backgrounds and scores are reversed. Since the player and rocket stages are white, you can't tell what's going on. It has happened two days in a row and deleting cookies did not help. Anybody else have this problem?
    [/b]

Yes, I had exactly the same problem charger. Jim? Whats wrong here?
  • Yes you guys are completely right, you only seem to get one play at JETPAC before it all turns white and makes it impossible to replay.

Sadly there is no fix for this, so we will just have to remove it from the arcade area; unless you are happy to put up with this inconvenience ?
  • I notice if you close down your browser and/or leave it for 5 minutes it seems to work fine again... I say keep it anyway, as I wanna get the highscore. :harhar:
  • It is a seriously awesome game, I would rather keep it despite the glitch.
  • QUOTE(Jim B STAFF @ May 8 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]62567[/snapback]
    Sadly there is no fix for this, so we will just have to remove it from the arcade area; unless you are happy to put up with this inconvenience ?[/b]

I have no problem with it, if you are unable to fix it. It is a fine tribute to old school games and should remain for that reason alone. I'll just have to get so good at it I only need to play it once. :D