How To Interpret Employment Ads
  • Looking for a new job? Then take this advice when going through the ads

Competitive Salary - We remain competitive by paying less than our competitors.

Join our fast paced company - We have no time to train you.

Casual work atmosphere - We don't pay enough to expect that you will dress up.

Must be deadline oriented - You will be six months behind schedule on your first day

Some overtime required - Some time each night, some time each weekend.

Duties will vary - Anyone can boss you around.

Must have an eye for detail - We have no quality control.

Seeking candidates with a wide variety of experience - You will need to replace three people who just left.

Problem solving skills a must - You will hat the responsibilities of a manager without the pay or respect.

Good communication skills - Management communicates poorly, so you have to figure out what they want and do it.
  • Brilliant, those could so easily be the exaxct criteria to work for Morrisons (Supermarket chain in the UK, run by people who could find the @rses with both hands), i think i may print this and post it around work :D
  • Please do so Matt, I got it from work today off the main notice board
  • QUOTE(Tiff @ May 13 2006, 12:44 PM) [snapback]63025[/snapback]

Problem solving skills a must - You will hat the responsibilities of a manager without the pay or respect.

Good communication skills - Management communicates poorly, so you have to figure out what they want and do it.
    [/b]

LOL - this is my exact work position at the moment! :clap:
  • Earn as you learn - A raise? You're lucky we don't fire you, now get back to work!