It just won't work!
  • My little boy's PS1 recently packed in! When the power is switched on and the on button depressed, the power indicator comes on for a couple of seconds, then goes off. Following that....nothing seems to work!!
  • Is your ps1 brand new???

If so check the power input on your ps1 if 110 or 220 maybe you put it in the wrong power input and overhated if your ps1 is brand new and my advice is wrong go to the shop where you bought it and ask the vendor for to check up you ps1 if it is still doesn't work you should ask the store for a replacement dont worry it has warranty so if the warranty is still good it can be replaced FREE....I hope this will help you a little....
  • jamessalmon, give this a try:

1. Check first if the power socket is firmly attached to the circuit board and if the soldering points are still intact.

2. It can easily be remedied by re-soldering the loose points.

3. Check to make sure the fuse is still intact.

4.If the unit is still having power problems, then check all other parts with polarity, including the diode(s) and transformer.

You don't have a MOD Chip installed do you?
  • if none of this stuff works e-mail me i will take pix's of my psx and set youres like that i have a mavica camara so i can get fid of the pix
  • Quote: from mikeyw8187 on 3:17 pm on Aug. 29, 2001
    if none of this stuff works e-mail me i will take pix's of my psx and set youres like that i have a mavica camara so i can get fid of the pix

Uh, with all due respect mikeyw8187, if the problem has to do with the power supply (most likely a fuse or loose connection) a picture to "set" it like yours isn't going to fix the problem.
  • okie j/w couse i thought that he was putting the cable in the wrong place in the psx
  • check if you've attached the cable properly and that that switch is working!!i hope this solves ur problem!! :idea:
  • Thanks for all the replies...I actually think it is the power supply unit (it is seperate to the PS1).....a bit of logical testing seems to point that way...I'm just waiting to try another PSU in it....hopefully this will solve the problem!

I'll let you know if it doesn't work.

Thanks again!!! :wave: