What has roots that nobody see's

Is taller than trees

Up,up it goes

And yet it never grows
  • How about a mountain
  • QUOTE(manneman @ May 31 2006, 05:47 AM) [snapback]64550[/snapback]

How about a mountain
    [/b]

Lol, actually, a very good idea for a game monk. Try not to pick one from "The Hobbit" next time though :P
  • lol nice one manneman ill send u a milk straight away so have you lot read it then?well im guessing you have lethal
  • QUOTE(Lethal @ May 30 2006, 08:49 PM) [snapback]64551[/snapback]

Lol, actually, a very good idea for a game monk. Try not to pick one from "The Hobbit" next time though :P
    [/b]

especially when the title is name of chapter in book

Kudos tho monk - Have been reaquanting myself with Lord of the rings this weekend And i just LOVE these books and the hobbitt!! Best books ever!!
  • What Im wondering is whether manneman is going to go again and whether there is another reward :P

Yep, Ive read it monk, I read it years before the LOTR movies started production, now everyone loves LOTR! Not just nerds!
  • yeah i have to do a review for it, for school and i thought i would see if u could guess the riddle,but i wasnt expecting it that fast
  • man, wish we had been given decent books to read when i was at school!!

Are you reading the hobbit or LOTR monk? Have you seen the films?
  • seen all the films on the first day at cinema got all the films on extended dvds and ive got 2 books of lotr and im borrowing the hobbit from the libary at school
  • QUOTE(kickassmonk @ May 30 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]64565[/snapback]

seen all the films on the first day at cinema got all the films on extended dvds and ive got 2 books of lotr and im borrowing the hobbit from the libary at school
    [/b]

Read the books fully and when finished, read them again. Don't try & judge the books against the Peter Jackson Films as he had artistic licence to make it more "hollywood" & "do-able scenes & links". But never doubt Peter's vision as he's been chasing this classic since his debut film "Bad Taste" It's not also 100% confirmed that he has the sole rights to the Hobbit as he did have the rights to the complete "Chronicals of Narnia" but he didn't even get a sniff at any of the production as Disney stepped in & placed a French Director & Pre-production team in. The did a fairly good job of the book, but still there's more books out there to be made & looks like Wingnut Films are kicking off that they want the Third book as Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh already have the script done!
  • I have actually read the Hobbit but I didn't remembered the answer from that precise book. I guess I've heard it before.

I agree that this thread has great potential.
    Can someone rename it "Pass the milk" please! :D

It is also a test of morales here in the R&R section of the wars, and I sure don't want to be the one that goes egoistic and drinks all the milk.

Here is my riddle:

What do you get if you cross-breed an elephant with a kangaroo?

(BTW. You pass the milk by klicking "transfer" in the supplies-section)
  • sorry guys i would like to post another riddle but i cant afford milk so sorry i might do one for peanuts or something wat u reckon?
  • QUOTE(kickassmonk @ May 31 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]64690[/snapback]

sorry guys i would like to post another riddle but i cant afford milk so sorry i might do one for peanuts or something wat u reckon?
    [/b]

I suppose monk, how about trying to answer mannes post first though before you enter another riddle ok. I am clueless as to what the answer is... maybe a lot of poo everyone? An elephoo? A godzilla like monster?

No idea.

The point of this thread though monk is to answer the question, get the milk, then ask a question, your never actually supposed to DRINK the milk. Thats the point of the game.
  • I would have to guess an eleroo. I don't know! But why would you cross breed them any way?
  • QUOTE(manneman @ May 30 2006, 04:40 PM) [snapback]64573[/snapback]

Here is my riddle:

What do you get if you cross-breed an elephant with a kangaroo?

[/b]

Really big holes all over Australia? :bag:
  • Finally the correct answer. (sorry I'm a bit late to check up on this :bag: )
    Unfortunatly I am in not possesion of the milk anymore since the shop has closed due to the World Cup or the war. We will have to wait and see if it returns in the future.
    (I do think it may be a bit sour at this time, I've kept it in my undies so that no one would steel it)
  • How about this one. What do you get when you cross Barbara Streisand with a grizzly bear?
  • mmmmm, good one........ Barbara S already has a big nose.
  • QUOTE(JamesV @ Jun 13 2006, 01:00 AM) [snapback]65676[/snapback]

How about this one. What do you get when you cross Barbara Streisand with a grizzly bear?
    [/b]

Whatever it is, I'm sure it's very very scary!! :blink:
    Oh, and I'll let JamesV here have the milk Manne,... if he doesn't mind where you've been storing it!? :bag: Teeheehee
  • I should probably answer this because the answer is partly from a TV show that was old when I was young. When you cross Barabara Streisand with a grizzly bear you get Yentl Ben.
    Sorry, that makes me say ouch.
  • EGADS!!! hahahahahahahahhahaaaa!!! Yup, Mr. VanB, you can certainly have that milk that Manne is holding onto, :blink: and please have another go. (this time though, give us one that we can take a stab at, eh? Please keep in mind that we may not be quite as old as you are! heehee) :tongue:
  • How about something a little more recent. I know someone will be able to answer this. What's the difference between Michael Jackson and a shopping bag?
  • Ooooh, I know this one!!!
    One is made of plastic and can be dangerous to children.......
    The other is used to carry groceries! :blink: :laugh:
  • I finally bought some more milk and sent it to James. Sorry for the delay. :bag:
  • But of course. Good job. Not exactly riddlish but we are in the humour section. Take it away Speediebean.
  • I'll be perfectly honest and admit that I'm much better at guessing these than posing them, so Mr. VanB., or whomever would like, the floor is all yours! I cleaned it and polished it to a nice shine, but be careful not to slip and fall! :blink:
  • Another oldie. What starts with t, ends with t and is full of t?
    Also, I'm so hip I can't see over my pelvis!