Programmers!
  • I was thinking of learning how to do some programming in JAVA. I figured that there ought to be atleast a couple of members that had programming experience in here. So, is there anyone on this site that can recommed any tutorials in particular or any other goodies that I read up on?
    Mind you I have little experience, so newbie mode tutorials would be prefered.

Thanks
  • OH MAN!!! I wish this had come about while John was still at home, I could have had him share lots of stuff with you, that's his specialty!!! True, he's a new High School graduate, but he was TOP in his class for that, and went to States championship in FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) for JAVA programming; wrote a couple new programs for his teacher to use in future classes also. Let me see what I can get out of him to share with you. Do you want stuff put in here, or PM or email? Or, in case I can get my hands on some of his hard-copy work, snail mail? Let me warn you, I won't understand 99% of what I pass along, but I'm happy to pass along stuff anyway! :blush:
  • I'm just looking for some easy to follow manuals or tutorials. There is alot of books out on how to program JAVA and if I'm unlucky I might end up with one that actually makes me dumber than I alreay am.
  • I'll see what I can dig up for you. He's such an avid fan that he actually purchased some of his school text books so that he could keep them for future reference!!! :blink: I can scan pages of the books, save and email them to you. Surely you can comprehend High School level stuff!? :bag: heeheeheee :harhar:
  • QUOTE(Speediebean @ Jun 11 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]65573[/snapback]

I'll see what I can dig up for you. He's such an avid fan that he actually purchased some of his school text books so that he could keep them for future reference!!! :blink: I can scan pages of the books, save and email them to you. Surely you can comprehend High School level stuff!? :bag: heeheeheee :harhar:
    [/b]

Nah, don't do that. (Copyright violation)
    Rather just send me the ISBN number or the name of the book and it's author and I'm sure to find it anyhow.
  • So, I"ll also copy the company name and address and you can pay them for what I send you! LOL!!!! :blink:

Ok, I'll give ya what info I can on the books in question so you can find them. I'm sure they'll be of help to you!
  • Have a friend who is studying it at the moment.... says it's really tough and he's not English makes so it's even harder cause he has to do the course in English.....