• d*mn thing is fine if i don't push r1, but as soon as i do it thinks i'm holding the button down until i pause the game, unplug the controller and then plug it back in again. i've taken it apart, cleaned it and then reassembled the bu**er but to no avail. then i tried another controller and THE SAME THING HAPPENED - oh my, what do i do now. help me please?
  • Try using the same controllers in the second controller port. If they work in the second port then there's something wrong with the first controller port. If they don't work then it could be the controllers. I would try to play them on a friends PSX and that'll tell you what's wrong with the hardware. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup:
  • ok, cool, nice one. it's definitely controller port one that's wrong. is there any way i can crack this egg meself or do i need to take my beloved little grey beastie down to the nearest repair shop? ???
  • I would not recommend that you try to fix this problem yourself unless you've had many years of experience of working with these type of things. There's going to be a lot soldering and finding new parts for it and being able to properly solder the equipment in may be a little tough for some people. I would say to take it to your local repair shop and see if they can fix it. If you don't want to void the warranty though, you'll have to send it in to Sony to have it fixed and eventhough it may cost more, you know the job will get done right. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup:
  • Quote (madhtr @ Nov. 09 2001,09:32)
    [b]There's going to be a lot of soldering