20 E Tenorio
    11 A Delgado
    21 C Tenorio

Ref: Toru Kamikawa

Match Details:

Possession: Poland 54%- Ecuador 46%

Yellow Cards: E Smolarek-Poland I Hurtado and E Mendez-Ecuador

24 mins: GOAL Poland 0-1 Ecuador
    Carlos Tenorio heads home after Agustin Delgado flicked on a long throw into the box.

Half-time: Poland 0-1 Ecuador

80 mins: GOAL Poland 0-2 Ecuador
    a through ball and Agustin Delgado is on hand to tap into the net

Full-time: Poland 0-2 Ecuador

Let's hear what you thought of this game
  • 10 mins left and Ecuador now 2-0 up, well that really shakes things up in Group A! Especially as England will (should they get through) have to play the winners or runners-up of this group, it looked a dead cert. for Germany and Poland to qualify but maybe not!! Poland another side been weak in defence.
  • I didn't have the chance to watch the entire game but from what everyone told me Poland was superior for most of time. Ecuador has strong individualities that made the difference...still a bit of a heavy final score if you ask me!
  • Wow, Ecuador won! What an awesome game that was, they thrashed them good! Go Ecuador! Wish I had some money on that game.
  • Poland sucked for most of the game. I mean they didn't have a shot at goal until the 85 minute for heavebs sake.
    Ecuador palyed their well organized football with an impressingly strong defence. They also dominated the air-play and won most, if not all, duels.

I think Germany will have problems against Ecuador, especially since the German defence isn't working at all. The Ecuadorian forward showed that they had good and intuitive one-touch play in the game and manage tho fool the Polish defence-line several times.
    (Although, assisting referee Kim did a lousy job flaging offsides when there weren't any and vice versa)