Download Festival
  • Hey guys!!

Why tiff is getting hinself sorted thought i would pop on and let u know the weekend was fantastic!!!

Thurs - Got there at teatime thurs and met up with a few friends to camp with - had a chilled walk around and lazed in the sun!

Fri -Met up with the peeps off the UK torn (metallica fanclub chapter) and had many a beer

Watched
    Soil - Brilliant set!! AJ was on top form and the set was as good as the gig in newcastle in feb!!
    Soulfly - Im not a huge fan but went to watch them with acho and his friend and they stole the show!
    Deftones - Was a bit disappointed. Were not as good as when i saw them a few years back in manchester but still had a good crowd
    Tool - absolutley dire!! Walked away after a couple of songs!! The PA system was terrible!

Sat - Absolutle scortcher!! Had the torn bash with all the flags and had a few beers with the guys. Also watched the football up on the hill with dan and ellie

ArchEnemy - didnt see the band but heard them - Proper mint!! Glad they got bumped up to the main stage
    Trivium - FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Very Loud and VERY METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Korn - Played without Jonathon Davies because of him being in hospital so they got other members of the other bands to do the lyrics. Soulfly, trivium and stonesour to name a few. Corey taylor doing freak on a leash was an experience!!!

MEtallica - What can i say? the lads were late to start but as soon as ecstasy of gold came on i shed a tear of excitment!! They started with Creeping death and the crowd went wild!! It was standing room only and we got pretty close. After a couple of other songs they then played Master Of Puppets ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldnt have been happier if James himself had come into my tent that night!!!

Sunday - with very swollen feet and sunstroke and sunburn we just sat on the hill and lazed our way through all of the bands - Hatebreed, lacuna coil, breed 77, bullet for my valentine, funeral for a friend and guns and roses

The only downside of the festival was some :censored: decided on sunday night to set fire to some stuff. Including tents and an ice cream truck. The police were called and a stand off between the two. when we got up to pack up this morning we were greeted with riot police in all the gear making their way down the campsite so we got out just in time. These idiots were throwing gas canisters onto the fires to make them explode

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/5070798.stm

Tiff thought it was bombs, ellie thought it was fireworks, me? I slept through THE WHOLE riot!!!!

• OOOOOOOOooooooooo my aching body from the sun!

Ears are still buzzing and had a many beers for everyone. Will post my comments on the festival plus a selected few photo's as there are over 300 pictures to go through. Don't worry Lethal, we'll get them on CD for you, we didn't take many real good close up ones as we were to psych'd up to put the camera in the air as we were giving the horns, getting jumpy & getting EMO's in the circle & keep them down on the floor (those mama's boys cry so easy!)

B.T.W. Metallica's new song was ****** **** **** HOT!

I'll try & download photos to Photobucket tomorrow as there's about 700mb worth!

Hope the Loop/Axis have fragged like we moshed! :devilish:
  • QUOTE(Tiff @ Jun 12 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]65646[/snapback]

OOOOOOOOooooooooo my aching body from the sun!

Ears are still buzzing and had a many beers for everyone. Will post my comments on the festival plus a selected few photo's as there are over 300 pictures to go through. Don't worry Lethal, we'll get them on CD for you, we didn't take many real good close up ones as we were to psych'd up to put the camera in the air as we were giving the horns, getting jumpy & getting EMO's in the circle & keep them down on the floor (those mama's boys cry so easy!)

B.T.W. Metallica's new song was ****** **** **** HOT!

I'll try & download photos to Photobucket tomorrow as there's about 700mb worth!
    Hope the Loop/Axis have fragged like we moshed! :devilish:
    [/b]

:punk:

Awesome stuff Tiff and Jane! Sounds like you had a hell of a lot of fun! Wish I could have been there moshing with you but I was all tied up, plus what it would have cost would have been way beyond my means, lol.

Looking forward to seeing the pics! Good work with the Emo's!

Catch up with you later on.
  • Sounds like you both had an amazing time....... would love to go to a concert this size and see all the best bands.

Read that article.... pitty that that is what sticks in most peoples minds..... Headbanging rocker violence. Kinda paint's everyone with the same brush.
  • QUOTE(Shagger @ Jun 13 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]65694[/snapback]

Sounds like you both had an amazing time....... would love to go to a concert this size and see all the best bands.

Read that article.... pitty that that is what sticks in most peoples minds..... Headbanging rocker violence. Kinda paint's everyone with the same brush.
    [/b]

All weekend we saw zero acts of violence, fighting or stupidity, but there was random acts of madness, fun fighting, bottle throwing and if anyone got hurt or down'd the person right next to them picked them right up. Everyone we bump into or fell over & vice-versa were so nice in apologising.

I f**king LOVE Donington, you can just sit down and talk to the person next to you & not get told to "F**k off" Jane will tell you that I was speaking to anybody. We meet some really nice people over the weekend, even the campsite we were on had different genres of musical tastes that wouldn't get on in real life like Metal, Hardcore, Emo's, Goths, Thrashers etc..... the banter between our camp site was ace & spent most of Saturday night ripping the p!ss out of a group of Canadians with South Park stuff & they gave them back as good as they got them.

Best Joke from Saturday that I heard from them was:

Where does Kylie Minogue get her kebabs from?

Jason's Donna Van!!! :D