What is a serial l/o
  • what is a serial l/O its in the back of your playstation to the right
  • That serial port was mainly used for the link cable,which let you connect two PlayStations together for playing certain games on seperate TVs together.
    This feature wasn't really used much overall ( it would be somewhat of a pain getting 2 TVs,2 PlayStations and 2 discs of the same game in one place and hooked up) so it was eventually discontinued.
  • I think it is for a Gameshark also. :D
  • No,the GameShark used to hook into a parallel port that was on the left side on the back.Sony eventually took that out of future models,leaving InterAct to make their CD-based versions.
  • My bad. ???
  • cool can you hook up a playstation one and a playstation 2 together ?
  • Afraid not-the PlayStation 2 doesn't have the serial port needed for the link cable.
  • that rocks my world in a completly diforont direction

• Wow, never knew you could link two PS1 together. I was wondering which games are out there that allow you to do that, and whether the link cable is still available.
  • Your best bet would be checking out either the used game stores/web sites or eBay-the link cable has been pretty much discontinued.

As for the games I was still able to find the thread where the games were listed.You can find it by clicking here.That search option does come in handy! :)
  • dose it hav 2 be a 2 player game or eather one is fine
  • [b]All of the games that are linkable are multiplayer.It would seem kind of pointless to do it for a single-player only game,don't you think?
    That serial port was mainly used for the link cable,which let you connect two PlayStations together for playing certain games on seperate TVs together.
    This feature wasn't really used much overall ( it would be somewhat of a pain getting 2 TVs,2 PlayStations and 2 discs of the same game in one place and hooked up) so it was eventually discontinued.[/b][/quote] well lyndon this to my friend adam is wrong not to be mean but he has three tv's in his room and if i was to give him my old psx and he goes and buys a game for 4-6 players then he will have it made in the shade
  • I'm afraid you're wrong on that mikey-it says quite clearly in the instructions you'll need a seperate disc of the game for each PSX you're linking up.
  • a serial i\o port is usually located next to the av multi out port
    it is used for link cables and gamesharks (otherwise known as a cheat cartridge)
  • i heard the xbox can handle up to 16 consoles together linked up via cable! Heres the flaw in this idea, how on earth on you going to find 16 tellies, 16 consoles and 16 people, then a room to put them in? xbox u suck!!
  • bjosh, the serial port was used only for linking whereas the parallel port was used for the Gameshark. Yes, the Xbox uses the same feature as the PSX but some people enjoy it(ie. Lan partiers). The Xbox doesn't really "suck" due to this feature. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.