• What is the difference between the new PlayStation ones and the old non-analog PlayStations?
  • The only difference between the older model PlayStations and the PSOne is the size of the chipset inside.Your games will work fine.

Welcome to the boards,cat tango.Hope to see you here often.
  • #Moderation Mode

Moved here
  • PSone is Portable , small and pointless in buying if you already have a psx! PSX is analog at the moment i am using a PSone controller in my PSX!!!!
  • The new PS-ONE is great, on of my Dudes has just bought a 5" lcd colour screen for his (cost him
  • Also I don't think you can use a gameshark on the new PS-ONE
  • You can't use the older models,which plugged into a parallel port.The newer version GameSharks plug into the memory card port.
  • ok - explain to me what a game shark is - and are they worth buying?

ps: speaking of old consoles, my cousin has just moved his snake into it's own room, and he's thinking of putting a few old consoles in there for him to play with as he (the snake) has only got a Bud Party Can (empty of course) and a plastic Cartman. i think he ought to put his Dreamcast in there...not much use these days...hehehe :biggrin:
  • To me,no,they're not worth buying.Basically the GameShark lets you change certain aspects of a game (weapons,lives,etc.) using codes that you input prior to starting the game.The codes are easily found at game sites like API or at the official web site http://www.gameshark.com .Some user-submitted codes can be a tad unstable and freeze your game.
  • ps1 is the smaller model of of a playstation. the games will work just fine. my next door neighbour reckons that the pixel rate on the ps1 is lower because they have made the chipset smaller. i am not to shore about this but hey i'm not to shore about many things.