Username/handle. What Does Your's Mean?
  • There's many varied and interesting usernames on this site. What meaning or relevance does your username/handle hold? It could be the first word that came to mind when signing up or maybe a nickname or it may have a deep and profound meaning :g: Or just maybe you got your dog to sit on the keyboard and used the first eight digits that appeared on the screen :D

My username Digger is also my nickname. I created Digger065 recently after not being able to activate my original username. The 065 signifies my date of birth although now I think I should of showed a little creativity and used Digg3r instead. Most family members and even my daughters call me Digger. Actually I have no idea how I got my nickname as I have never been in the Australian Army (ie Aussie Digger) and ermm... I am not a nose picker :D
  • Ahh!! I remember this thread way back in the day. Back in the day when we weren't able to change our usernames.

Anyway, my original username was RedKennypup2004 which was a little bit of a mouthful so I shortened it to RedKenny. The original construction of my username goes like this:

When Daggers Lover told me to check out this site I remember sitting in front of the computer and staring at it hard thinking, I have to come up with something good because this is gonna be what everyone refers to me as.

After about 20 minutes of sitting here with the blank Username space I finally constructed something which sounded catchy.

'Red' came from my favorite color at the time as well as the favorite character of mine from my favorite RPG. RedXIII from Final Fantasy VII. (See avatar for more details)
    +
    'Kenny' came from a name of a boy whom I had had a huge crush on for quite awhile. I was getting over him at the time...but obviously wasn't well enough over him. :huh:
    +
    'pup' came from my favorite animal. Puppies!! Along with the puppies at the end of Final Fantasy VII being something which made me squeal in happiness.
    +
    '2004' was the year I was going to be graduating from high school.

So there you have it! The history of RedKennypup2004.
    I think I like RedKenny better though. :harhar:
  • I too remember a similar thread from years ago.
    I'll try to answer a bit more truthful, or less jester:ish, this time around. :D

My name is Magnus and the generic nickname for a guy named Magnus is Mange (Pronounced like manga).
    I live in Sweden, the northen part, rather close to Finland. Therefore, were I live, some people have Finish origin and therefore speaks with a Finish accent. It just so happens that my father in law is one of these folks.
    The thing you need to know about the swedish language is that is has more sounds than other languages (we don't have that bushman klick sound but we do have some other sounds that we use in comunicating) and Finns are unable to pronounce some words "correctly". As an example they exchange B for P and consider the K to be silent when followed by an L or prounounces certain CH-sounds as S...
    They are also reluctant to pronouncing the NG in Mange (or maybe it was just my father in law who didn't want to call me by a nickname :blink: ). Therefore I was called Manne, which is a real name, whenever my father in law was refering to me.

That explains the manne part of my name.
    The -man were added due to the shortage of manne user names on other sites and signup-lists on the internet. I felt it had a nice ring to it and preffered to manne0202383823 or what ever I was suggested by the auto-name generator. Also, at the time I started using the screen name me and my buddies created a homepage were we where portraited as superheros, and manneman suited that purpose well.
  • Basically because i have always been a little strange (odd - ish) and then someone told me there was a cartoon character called oddish - so thats the name

the 182000 bit was that i was 18 in the year 2000 and hotmail added those numbers on my email address and so i remember my login names for things i tried to keep it similar!

Rekindle some more old threads people!!!
  • Mine is pretty simple. The Chargerfan part of it comes from the fact that I'm a big San Diego Charger (NFL) fan. I have been a Charger fan and supporter for almost 30 years! I am proud to say I'm a fan through thick and thin and will always stick by my Chargers! I've got everything from a Zippo, watch, mailbox, golf balls, head covers, divot tools, calanders, signed pics and autographs, tons of clothing, hats, jackets, posters, memorabilia, even an official team warm up suit once owned and worn by Vencie Glenn.

The last part, chs is simply my initials. So, there you go. Chargerfanchs, though most people around here call me Charger. Some call me other things but I won't repeat them here! :laugh:
  • How did I end up with the name Majik? well the story of this was once upon a time regaled at a live chat and the phrase "monkey faced girls" was coined by a long standing member who shall remain nameless at this time.

The name comes about from many years ago when my brother lived in a town with a big nightclub that shared our surname. Taxis would not take us to or from this place cause they thought it was a wind-up. So we devised the name Joe Johnstone to be used when booking a taxi to this. Then as it appeared quite funny we added pre names to this - Don, Flo, Mo, Joe and Magic (which became Majik).

And thats the story behind my Login and my majikjoe hotmail address.

Oh, and the guilt member is getting hitched in about 10 months :devilish:
  • QUOTE(Majik @ Jul 5 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]66585[/snapback]

How did I end up with the name Majik? well the story of this was once upon a time regaled at a live chat and the phrase "monkey faced girls" was coined by a long standing member who shall remain nameless at this time.

The name comes about from many years ago when my brother lived in a town with a big nightclub that shared our surname. Taxis would not take us to or from this place cause they thought it was a wind-up. So we devised the name Joe Johnstone to be used when booking a taxi to this. Then as it appeared quite funny we added pre names to this - Don, Flo, Mo, Joe and Magic (which became Majik).

And thats the story behind my Login and my majikjoe hotmail address.

Oh, and the guilt member is getting hitched in about 10 months :devilish:
    [/b]

Someone else getting married as well as me? WOW! double wedding do!

Mine started out as Tiff71 my nickname + year I was born (1971 A.D. not 71 B.C!!) has been knocked down to Tiff. I use different sort of login names on other forums so people from the dame forum that goes to others see a different side of me. My official Metallica club name & U.K. Torn name is BeerDrinker, due to the style that James Hetfield had about 5 years ago and was going the same way as him. But last year I lived up to my user name at a charity bash by drink a ton of beer for a good cause. I've thought of changing it but the members call me that & chris sometimes when we meet up.

On photo editing & creative arts web sites/forums I go by the user name Glass Shards, due to the broken bits of art that I make/desing and collective design patterns that look like stained glass windows looming over dead victims (a thing I have for the Macabre & wierdness and sort of Sin City styling)

• Mine's pretty simple, I got tired of trying to remember all of my names and passwords so I just got organized. My name is John Daniel May hence the jdm and my birthday is November 8th so follows the 1108. If I forget this one then there's no hope for me anymore.
  • Mines just simply my First name, Jason, shortened to Jay and then my DOB 29 July 1983 which becomes 29/07/83. Well it does in England anyways, but I suppose you Americans would swap it to 07/29/83. Never did quite understand why you go by month first THEN day, afterall, a Day comes first before a Month. Well over here it does anyway :blink:
  • After reading all these stories I'm feeling a bit dull. I'm pretty busy most of the time so rather than come up with something which I'd probably forget why I simply shortened my name, which originated in Belgium, not Holland, though it's right next door. Apparently in the original Flemish it means Beechwood. So there, a tiny tale after all. Also, due to the length of the name my children are pretty good spellers.
  • simple i happen to like marshmallows.......

......alot.......

got called it one day and ive used it ever since
  • Well, firstly....My first u/n here was "Devilchild", which many still refer to my by. I was at a party at the beach with a few people and some non-english speaking kids kept trying to swipe our stuff, keep in mind it was dark. So I took a mouthful of a somewhat strong alcohol :unsure: flicked my bic and let loose a fire ball that sent these young native folk runnin'. Whilst bolting for the woods I heard, "El hijo del Satanico" or Son of the devil, which then transformed into my nickname "Devilchild"......

...now the exciting part "Mr.E" or Mr.Ed as some may call me... :g: I am a male "Mr." and "E" is the first letter of my last name.....and when said all together becomes a play on the word "Mystery"..........YAY!!! :rolleyes:
  • Well, after reading everyone else's I feel rather unoriginal. My brother is a huge Mad Hatter fan from Alice in Wonderland, and he used this nick everywhere, eventually I got attached to the nick but never used it because he was still a big PC user (still is, but not the same way). Anyway, he eventually moved away from the community portion of the internet and that is when I swiped the nick for myself.

While that may sound weird, it still fits considering the Mad Hatter's personality as well as mine. So, now I use that or variations of that. I have been using it for nearly 5 years and will continue using for some time to come.
  • Well, I cant actually remember... when I created the account I used the S/N Lethal_Injection as I am sure many of you are aware. I guess I was at that stage in life where you always want to sound cool and "hardcore" so I just thought I would call myself Lethal_Injection... lol. Ive shortened it to Lethal more recently as I felt Lethal_Injection was a bit old. So there you have it!