New Look Or New Site?
  • Well I've just got on this site today and WOW was I amaed by what I saw.
    The site looks mondo coolio. Well they've certainly kept this a well guarded secret.
    Anyway, just wanted to type this little message to congratulate the Site Mods on a job well done with the new look. Very up to date looking. :notworthy: :punk: :59:
  • I too have seen the changes Jay and I was actually really amazed as well. The mods didn't pull it off though. It was our man in charge, Jim. :D

Either way though, it looks great huh? :clap:
  • I agree the new site look is amazing. Jim continues to bring the site to new levels everytime I sign on. Great job Jim and Lyn.
  • Wow Jim, this place looks fab

Youve outdone yorself once again ;)
  • I agree the place looks slick! Welcome to the future of ACi!
  • Don't be thanking me, Speed- this is all Jim's doing. All I did was do a bit of sorting after he was done.

I was a bit unsure at forst regarding a new skin for here, I had become somewhat attatched to the old one (looked a lot like the APi of old to me). But i will admit this is quickly growing on me here. :D

• Speaking of the APi of old, you can go to archive.org and use their wayback machine. It shows APi from back in the day, very nostalgic.
  • I like the new design. The icons must have improved cause all of a sudden I sort of understand what they mean (new post, read post...). The new overall look is a bit less plain than the old one which I like.
    The color schedule (do you call schedule in english?!) is the same but I think it is a bit too cold. Too much ice/steel for my taste. Wouldn't mind stepping up the G-value a couple of points and reducing the B-value. But that's just me. Sorry for complaining :D but while I'm at it, I'm not too found of that new header. Makes me think I've wandered into some sort of tech support or something. Maybe it's just the old resistance to change I'm experiencing but that is how I feel.

My over all impression of the new look is really quite good. ^_^
  • Many thanks for the thumbs up... more changes coming !

The logo is temporary and will be changed soon to fall in line with the rest of the absolute sites.

-- UPDATE --

We are looking into the possibility of allowing memebrs to choose from a selection of skins
  • QUOTE(manneman @ Jul 11 2006, 08:05 AM) [snapback]66781[/snapback]
    I like the new design. The icons must have improved cause all of a sudden I sort of understand what they mean (new post, read post...). The new overall look is a bit less plain than the old one which I like.
    The color schedule (do you call schedule in english?!) is the same but I think it is a bit too cold. Too much ice/steel for my taste. Wouldn't mind stepping up the G-value a couple of points and reducing the B-value. But that's just me. Sorry for complaining but while I'm at it, I'm not too found of that new header. Makes me think I've wandered into some sort of tech support or something. Maybe it's just the old resistance to change I'm experiencing but that is how I feel.

My over all impression of the new look is really quite good.
    [/b]

I get what you're saying there Man, would be good if they had like two different colour schemes so you could choose which one you preferred. Could still have the Ice Cold design but could be a brighter Fire Hot design or something :g:

Oh while I think about it. What are the "MULTI +" buttons for? When I click them all they do is change to "MULTI -" not that that isn't er kinda good I guess, but is there a purpose to them? If so, what is it? Because I don't get it :blink:

QUOTE(Jim @ Jul 11 2006, 08:35 AM) [snapback]66782[/snapback]
    We are looking into the possibility of allowing memebrs to choose from a selection of skins [/b]

Well that would just about satisfy everyones needs. Especially if there's say 3 or more to choose from. I personally think 3 is enough. At the most there should be no more than 5 because then it will take up most peoples time just choosing a skin and they'll forget why they're here, which is to participate in the best community on the internet :clap:

I've just been thinking...
    I think you should have the option to lock a Topic that you've started yourself. Especially useful for the Playstation News forum where all you're doing is posting a new news story and not starting a discussion about anything.

That's what I think anyways :g:

• Good change JIM

Keep it up :punk:
  • QUOTE(manneman @ Jul 11 2006, 02:05 AM) [snapback]66781[/snapback]

Sorry for complaining :D but while I'm at it, I'm not too found of that new header. Makes me think I've wandered into some sort of tech support or something.
    [/b]

I think the new header goes well with the rest of the skin. I actually like it but it looks like it's destined to change. :( Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions...