Clean the lens of psx
  • hi, i have a problem with the lens of my PSX. There is somekind of discoloration on the lens. I have tried rubbing alchohol and 2 types of lens cleaning kits. I would grately appreciate some help on it.
  • Hello to you to sargeboy,anyway to clean the lens don't use alchohol bec. if some alchohol was put in the mainboard your psx is in big truoble....

Another way is to bring it to a repair shop and have it checked....

I f the games still work theres no need to panic your psx is safe...If the games not work,try to place your psx vertically like ps2.....

Hopes this helps....

Have fun posting....
  • Wow PJB is on the ball. I use rubbing alcohol and it works, but if it still wont work bring it back to your retailer and get a new one. If it came with the stain then you should bring it back.
  • thanks very much for your help. After I posted that message, I went to a site called psxworkshop.com and I did the troubleshooting there, and found out that you can get an Audio Lens Pickup piece from the Sony Store for about 10 - 15&#36. When I looked up close, I saw that it is the top lens part. There is nothing wrong with the mirror underneath it. So i think i will go and get a new Audio Lens pickup at the Sony Store and that should help. Thanks for your help.
  • i don't think the alcohal works on the lens but it works on the cd's
  • ive never had to clean my lens!!!
  • Also, discoloration of the lens could mean that the laser has gone bad in which case you would need to either purchase a new system(recommended) or buy a new carriage and get it placed by a certified Sony technician unless you're very familiar with the carriage's of the Sony system and would feel like voiding the warranty to save you a few bucks. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup: