Game crash/ red reset light flashing...
  • When I play games, CD's ect. my system crashes after like 2min, after I put the disk in and my resest light changes to a nice solid green to a flashing red. while this is happening I have tried to turn off the i/o but there is no sucsess in this. I was wondering if there is a way to reset my system by doing a sequence of some sort. any suggestions plz
    peace
  • First things first
  • it has no mod chip
  • My guess is that either you have a short in your power supply or a component is going bad in your PS. I wouldn't recommend trying to fix this yourself. If you have a place that can give free estimates then i'd recommend doing that first and if that's too much then complain to Sony and they'll eventually give you a deal on it. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup:
  • Thanx man
    yo, one more question, i just bought this thing, shouldn't my warrenty cover rapairs? i have owned it for 3 months and I dont think i should pay any MORE money for sony screwing up. but these things happen, i just dont want to be the one to take the rap for it. word
    peace
  • I forgot about the warranty. Most stores carry a 1 year full manufacurer's warning and the store where you bought it should take it as an exchange but no matter what you won't have to pay for it. :thumbsup:
  • what store di du buy it froM?
  • I bought mine from Dixions and I bought a 3 year warrenty! You need one if you got younger brothers and sisters, plus it doesn't help if you are clumsy urself does it?
  • I think the first thing to do is get your receipt from the safe place you put it, then call the store and see what they are willing to do for you. Generaly there is a 3 to 4 month replacement garantee if you return it in its box and all.

When I got my PS2 the disk wasn't ejecting properly so I took it back to the store and they just gave me a new one on the spot. They dont really give a monkeys butt because they just send it back to there supplier.

PS. Your receipt should tell you whats up with the garantee