• I've heard different stories regarding MultiTap usage on the PS2.

Some stores I go to say that in terms of backward compatibility MultiTaps work just like the memory cards i.e. you have to use a PS2 multitap for PS2 games and PSOne MultiTaps for PSX games.

Other stores I've been to say that the PS2 Tap will work with both PS2 and PSX games, but the PSOne Tap will only work with PSX games.

Yet another variation I've heard is that both PSOne and PS2 MultiTaps work with both PS2 and PSX games, with the only difference being that DualShock will not be available if you're using the PSOne Tap.

Does anyone know for SURE which version is correct?
  • I've not tried to use a PSOne multitap for PS2 games but from what i hear it won't work for PS2 memory card usage at least. I do know that the PS2 multitap will work with both PSOne and PS2 games, MCs, and controllers. This would be your best bet to get since you know that you'll eventually get some PS2 games that you'll want to utilize this function with. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup:
  • Thanks for the info.
  • That is weird because My PS2 wont use PS1 multi tap and it's weird because you can use PS1 controllers on a PS2.
  • The reason that the multi-tap doesn't work is because it also connects through the MC slot and this makes it so that it won't work with PS2 games....I have yet to find out if it works for PSX games but i still doubt it. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.