Final Fantasy 7 Dirge Of Cerberus
  • Has anybody else bought this game yet? I've had it for about a week and I must say its amazing. The story is great and I like the gameplay as well. I definatly recommend it for any final fantasy fan or anybody who likes 1st/3rd person shooters.
  • I'll be lgad when PS3 games start getting released so they'll be released in Japan, USA, AND the UK (Europe) at the same time. :angry2:

• "Amazing" you say? Most other places I've gone to have been somewhat down on the game, both on forums and in reviews. I might have to check out a rental of it though to see for myself. Never was into RPGs but this format might be more my thing in the FF7 universe.
  • Well lyn, for somebody like you it would most likely be sub par. For a shooter the gameplay isn't the greatest. But, for an avid FF fan like myself, the storyline is good enough to warrant spending $50.
  • the music and the graphics are suburb had to get used to the shooter but shooter/rpg hybrid great consept only thing is can beat very fast. I feel like it was rushed. all in all though great game and cannot wait for 12 (drooling)
  • Okay folks, we need to make it very clear here that you are talking about FF7:Dirge of Cerberus

The American version was shat on by pretty much every reveiwer out there, but in the time between the american and european releases, threy have tweeked the games camera and controls system, and that had improved the game by a huge degree, people are saying.
  • Cyclone Duke said:
    Okay folks, we need to make it very clear here that you are talking about FF7:Dirge of Cerberus

The American version was shat on by pretty much every reveiwer out there, but in the time between the american and european releases, threy have tweeked the games camera and controls system, and that had improved the game by a huge degree, people are saying.

You're mixing things up here slightly.... The game was bashed in Japan, and had many changes in the N.A. version that made the game much much better. But there's only but so many ways to spell crap.

That said, I still enjoyed the game due to me being a big FF fan. The only thing that got to me was some of the voice acting.... For one, I hate having heard many of the same Voice actors so many times. Second.... VINCENT VALENTINE.... Yes Shelke, we know our name... thank you. Oh, and I recommend getting the G reports (three of them) so you can get the special ending after the credits. If you plan to play and fully understand Crisis Core when it comes out for the PSP, you might want to know who Genesis is. I liked the use of Gackt songs towards the end of the game, even if they did seem out of place at first. I also like the save system they had in the game, making it easy to load pretty much anywhere in the game and get back into the game.

The new characters, especially the Deepground Tsviets, were very well done, and for the most part, I hearted their VAs. Overall, it wasn't a horrible game, but keep in mind that if you want to get an S rank in time, they expect you to beat the game in less than 6 hours and 31 minutes. A D ranking (which I got) is anything over like 11:30 I think it was. I beat the game in 12 and a half hours. Still a fun game, but don't expect to be playing for long. The story, by itself, was worth the $50 in my eyes.
  • Cyclone Duke said:
    Okay folks, we need to make it very clear here that you are talking about FF7:Dirge of Cerberus

Sorry, I should have specified more in the title. I went ahead and changed the topic title so others won't get confused.

I agree with you mad (btw, nice to seeya, its been a while), it was very annoying when Shelke kept calling him Vincent Valentine every time. I also agree with what you said about the Tsviets. I thought they were very well developed characters.