Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
  • We would love to hear your comments on Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for the Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) video game console.

Please note that guests can add comments here, but they need to be checked by a member of our staff before they will appear. This usually only takes about an hour.
  • Think I'll reply to this in a role-play kind of role.
    This is me as a busy body who hasn't actually played the game properly:

"This is a terrible game. It encourages violence among everyone from humans all the way down to the yucky cockroach.
    How can anyone play this game. I blame Rockstar. I'm going to start a personal petition and get all the other busy bodies, who have nothing better to do with their lives, to sign it. I'm going to make sure that games developers only design games like Spongebob Squarepants that's only really suitable for 2 year olds.
    "

And then back to myself again:
    "I thoroughly enjoy these games. I've got all the GTA games on PSONE and PS2 and even Liberty City Stories on PSP. The only one I don't have is Liberty City Stories on the PS2.
    I enjoy going round in a tank and running over cars and blowing up cars and getting the army after me. It's fun. It does not mean that I want to steal a real tank and terrorise a major city somewhere and kill thousands of people in genocidal kind of way.
    So to all the busy bodies out there. Why don't you actually play the games before you judge them. Sure they're violent. But they don't make you copy them. It's not the games that are the problems, but the people who play them.
    "

So that's my opinion on the GTA games in general.
    Regarding, specifically, San Andreas, I particularly like the whole gang feature where you have to go round the different neighbourhoods and 'capture' them from your rival gangs and then defend them when they try to take them back. Really good feature that which I congratulate Rockstar for adding.
  • I think San Andreas was actually the best GTA game that has come out for any system. I really like the fact that there is a bigger world that you get to go through. I reall liked the city Las Venturas.
  • It's probably the best GTA game out there.
    I remember trying two player once and you know how there's a kiss function?
    Well me and my friend were on a bike (I chose a guy to play as), and we were going down hill. All of a sudden we were flying off the bike kissing each other. XD

There is always one thing I've found disturbing about the game though. Killing police officers. I know I sound weak, and I know its all fiction, I just always found it disturbing. But heck, I still enjoy the game.
  • Are you guys using cheats??
  • I have enjoyed playing all GTA to date, San Andreas was my favorite one....
    I can't wait until they come out with GTA 4 , if they do that is.

I think Scarface is more violence.

Worf
  • To kiloj757:

I used cheats, but only a few. I used the "More Guns n' ammo Cheats", the "Armor n' health Cheats" and the "No Police Stars Cheat". I think that's really all that I needed.

Now, my opinion of the game is that I did not like the whole "Grove Street" Gang simulation/plot. I would rather be Tommy Vercetti again, just enjoying being ON my OWN. I don't like being part of a gang, because you're always getting shot at by rival gangs.

Another quam is that GTA San Andreas did not bring a whole lot to the table in terms of "New Stuff". I know that is because they were still on the PS2, and they had expended all that the Playstation system could do, so I guess I could let that go.

Hopefully they'll do the new game right for the PS3, and they'll really utilize Online for once, and let us play multiplayer online/download extra stuff. That would be the next logical step. Also, they could try to step away from the linear, "follow the map to get to your next task" thing. I'd like to see them approach it differently somehow. I don't know how they would do that, but then again, I'm not a game designer.

I know I just spoke on the negatives of the game in this post, but those are what I focused in on when I played it when it first came out. The positives are pretty obvious.

So, anybody agree/disagree with me?
  • Agree. Did you ever have trouble saving your game? Mine said you have entered cheats it may mess up your save game, or something. I just saved twice and it worked. But sometimes. Sometimes things would change. Maybe that's just because things change.
  • i here gta san avndreas is a really cool game, just dont know were to get it.
  • kiloj757 said:
    Agree. Did you ever have trouble saving your game? Mine said you have entered cheats it may mess up your save game, or something. I just saved twice and it worked. But sometimes. Sometimes things would change. Maybe that's just because things change.

Well, the problem with cheats for San Andreas was that certain cheats would stay on your game forever, if you decided to save the game. That would be a bad thing, if you had entered a cheat like "Flying Cars" or "Turn all cars pink". You do not want to be stuck with all pink cars when you are looking for a certain vehicle parked in a garage somewhere :o.

You can save a game with a cheat turned on, just make sure that you don't mind if that cheat becomes permanent. The only time I used a cheat and then saved the game was when I used the "More Money" cheat, or the "More Guns" cheat, because it doesn't hurt to be rich and have guns on GTA. Just don't save the game with the "JETPACK" cheat cut on, or you will always have a jetpack strapped to your back :huh:. Again, not good.

city bank said:
    i here gta san avndreas is a really cool game, just dont know were to get it.

city bank, you should be able to find a copy of san andreas just about anywhere. You can find it in an online retailer like right here: http://www.absolute-playstation.com/buy-playstation-games.php
    or, if you can't buy stuff online, you can find it in your game store. It is a very popular game, and should be easy to find.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    To kiloj757:

Hopefully they'll do the new game right for the PS3, and they'll really utilize Online for once, and let us play multiplayer online/download extra stuff. That would be the next logical step. Also, they could try to step away from the linear, "follow the map to get to your next task" thing. I'd like to see them approach it differently somehow. I don't know how they would do that, but then again, I'm not a game designer.
    [/I]

I agree with the "NewStuff". And the gang sim gets old, maybe after time you could get respect and instead of unlocking -exotics- or something it could lower your -gang heat-. Maybe some new stuff would be actually selling the drugs. I hope you get my drift on GTA being placed underneath the open case reading Scarface on the box under my TV!;)

Bottom line is, where are they going to take these games next?

Obviously online motivated, more sexy time, more drugs, more alcohol and tobacco. Not to mention the droves of pharmecutical ads and what not. Money is what it is all about. See GameConsultants.COM. I just hope that the millenials don't lose faith. And that Japan gets connected to the friggin internet! $$$

While waiting; in turn, the "new" may be in handheld and wireless MMORPG's. Due to the fact that Japan is mostly wireless. I know Nintendo has a reputation for being more of a cartoonish console, but the Wii is fun, yet a little un-controllable, minor. Let me know how you feel, I hope I make sense I'm kind of tired! More here. What is your take on this slight prediction?
  • city bank said:
    i here gta san avndreas is a really cool game, just dont know were to get it.

You can get it at places like Target, Wallmart...Gaming stores and all that :D