Difficult Things (Rated PG-13)
  • A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=55]Difficult Things (Rated PG-13)[/drupal]

So yesterday I went to Bed Bath and Beyond with my mom. Which was actually fun, but my mom told me she is trusting me with a certain duty that has been troubling me since she told me. Background information here: For those of you whom don't really know(based on my College I'm attending), I'm a Christian. My whole family is Christian. My mom came from a very Puritanical type Christian family whereas my dad discovered faith through his grandma. But anyway, so my parents are both expecting the kids to share the same beliefs as them and act on them accordingly with what the Bible teaches.
  • First off Mel, I'm evry sorry. I was just joking, but didn't mean to offend. After reading your blog today, I know there is no way at all that that would be the problem.

Anyway, I really can't think what to say on this one.

I guess I could draw from my own life which has only had me have one serious relationship.
    I was going out with my ex for about 18 months. We 'went all the way' as they say.
    In fact she ended up getting pregnant but had an abortion which relaly upset me.
    She never discussed it with me, she just did it.

I was kind of like your sisters boyfriend/ex-boyfriend. Her nan (her mums mum) hated me, and so did her mum. I still to this day do not know why. They never told me. They just didn't like me at all.

It's hard I guess. I mean for, this is going to sound awful in way, but for regular people where true christian values aren't a problem, then I guess you could almost say life is slightly easier.

I mean, I get the whole, marriage before physical relationship and kids.
    I, personally, think that's an amazing trait and that maybe I should've done that.

It's hard to find someone at the best of times. But to find that one special person who you want to spend the rest of your life with, and to save yourself for only that person.

I mean, it's good sure, but is it likely? How many people truly find their soulmate? Personally I thought I'd found mine. She thought she'd found hers. We had so much in common. Knew what eachother were thinking, could finish eachothers sentences. ALL the traits of a supposed soulmate relationship.

I haven't heard anything from her for about 2 to 2 and a half years now.

So what I'm trying to say is this:

I guess you can't really plan love or even lust. It may just be lust with your sister and her boyfriend/ex-boyfriend. It may be love. I guess you've just got to ask her one question, well ok then two.
    1. Is it love?
    2. Can she see herself as his wife?
    ok then 3. Does he feel the same regarding questions 1 and 2?

I guess if she answers YES to all three, then that's all that can be done. Surely if he's the only person she's been with and, hopefully, she's the only person he's been with, then it's better that they stay together if they truly love eachother?

But, what do I know? Haven't had any kind of girlfriend since my ex.
    I may be talking total rubbish.

May be someone who's married would've been better at answering this.