• Will We Still Be Able To Use Ps2 Games In The New Ps3 System? And Can I Obtain Old Madden Games (2002 And 2003) games For The New System? And Last, What Will The Price Range Be for the PS3?
  • Good news !

The PS3 has a PS2 chip inside it, so every game will play fine. The graphics will look better too !

You can even play PS1 games on it... if you can find any.

The price of games will start at: $59.99, but we expect they will be sold for $49.99 by some stores not long after Christmas.

(response time 1hr 56min)
  • In case you were wondering about using your old game saves that will be possible. Sony is going to have an adaptor at launch that will let you transfer saves from the PS2 memory cards onto "virtual cards" on the PS3 hard drive. There's no actual slots for the cards.

(2 hrs 26 min)
  • I've got a question for you Lyndon or anyone else. Regarding PS3 saves. Now obviously we'll saving straight to the Hard Drive, that's obvious, what about if we want to take our saves to a frineds house? Now I know you can detach the Hard Drive, take it to your friends, and slot it into their PS3, but what if you don't want to carry your HDD with you? Can you use Compact flash, or more likely SDmini or whatever the name is that PSP uses, and take the small card round to your friends, provided they have the 60GB version as well, and then just copy the save to THEIR hard drive?
    I just thought about that :mellow:
  • Exactly right, Jason- if you have the 60 GB version PS3 just put a flash memory card in one of the slots under the flap and transfer onto that for easy transport. As for the 20 GB version (which doesn't have the slots) a USB memory card reader will work and can be had cheaply at any computer/ electronics shop.
  • Ooh, aren't you good. You know, Sony should hire you as you have an answer to practically every question regarding PS3 :laugh:
    I already have a 512MB USB stick, so that's not too bad, although it's practically full so I might need say a 1GB one just for my PS3 :confused:
    Regarding the 20GB versions, you could still remove the HDD though and transport, right? Although, like I said beforehand, I'd rather not be carrying a HDD around with me as, knowing me, I'd end up dropping it while crossing a road and, before I got the chance to pick it up again, some road-hog would come screeching round the corner and run over it, breaking it forever :(
  • Yes, you can easily remove the 20 GB drive and take it wherever as well as upgrade to a larger hard drive if need be.

The hard drives are 2.5" drives and aren't very large- you could just put in a pocket, butterfingers! :p
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Yes, you can easily remove the 20 GB drive and take it wherever as well as upgrade to a larger hard drive if need be.

The hard drives are 2.5" drives and aren't very large- you could just put in a pocket, butterfingers! :p

Yes, I know, but It would still probably fall out. We need technology updating and fast so we can transport about 50-100GB of data on a little chip that we just stick to one of our fingers, and then we just scan the chip as if using the er fingers scanning protection thingy that laptops have now where they can only be accessed by a person who has the correct fingerprint. I forget the technical name of it. That would be cool though. Use our own bodies as a storage medium :mellow:
  • That's called biometrics. That stuff is still on the pricey side for stuff as mundane as game console data.

If you're so worried about the possibility of dropping the hard drive stick to the memory card reader or get a USB key drive- they make them up to 2 GB in size.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    ...or get a USB key drive- they make them up to 2 GB in size.

2GB? Stuff that. I want a 1TB USB Memory Stick. Could you imagine how many game saves, forget that, actual games, you could store on it? I think I could find an extra £500-£1000 somewhere *gulp!* :o

Edit: Just noticed my number of posts
    Looking at my number of posts, which at this post stands at 420, it makes me hope that I'm currently on the maximum price of the PS3. I really hope they manage to lower the price a bit in time for March. Maybe go with the original thoughts of £399 for the 60GB version. Granted, it's only a £20 saving, but that's like half a new PS3 game :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions