FIFA 2007 Game Help PS2
  • If you need any help with the game FIFA 07 on the PlayStation 2 please ask it in this area, so that we can keep all answers in one place.
  • I have a PS2 and I can go all the way to the last screen before playing online and it says lost connection with other player. I have been playing fifa since 04 and I got 2007 a few weeks ago and this problem just started today. 20 25 times already.

Help please!!!
  • OK, I've got a possible answer to this question, eventually. It relates to the possibility of a router and the settings you need. If this doesn't apply to you, then please ignore what follows.
    The address for this FAQ can be found at the following address:

eauk.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eauk_new.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14152
    Electronic Arts FAQ (Connecting online with FIFA 07) said:

You need to make sure you have setup your Network Configuration File by using the Network Configuration Utility.

If this has been completed successfully then you will be able to login with your EA Member account. If you have an existing account then you can select it at this point from the memory card, login with your existing EA Member name and password or you can create a new account.

Playing Behind a Router or Internet Connection Sharing

When playing behind a router or a device that has NAT (Network Address Translation) you may need to forward the ports UDP 3658 and UDP 6000 to the IP address of your Playstation 2.

Depending on your router you may need to manually assign an IP address to your Playstation 2 so that it has a fixed "address" that the router can refer to each time. An alternative to port forwarding is placing the IP address of your Playstation 2 into the DMZ of your router - please consult your router documentation or help files for more details on how to do this.

If you are behind a firewall then it may also be necessary to open the folowing ports for both inbound and outbound traffic:
    UDP 3658 (Game Play)
    TCP 13505 (EA Messenger)
    UDP 6000 (Voice Over IP)
    TCP Port Range of 10400-10499 (For Server Communication)
    UDP 9565/9570 (Ticker)
    TCP 80 (HTTP) / TCP 443 (HTTPS)

I hope that helps.
    Jay
  • That should do the trick- the connection time out problem sounds like your router was not allowing the inbound connection. Setting things up as Jason showed above should solve things.
  • I have a question my connection online is excellent but when I am playing other people the game feels sluggish and my players don't react like they should and they always seem to run faster than me :( .
    Any advice please.
    Thank you
    Piglette
  • The problem may well be in their connection, not yours. What sort of connection do you have currently, piglette?
  • my icon says excellent connection at 54.0Mbps
  • When playing off line gameplay is fine but when online is so slow and cant tackle or keep up with people??
  • Ok, you are on a dialup connection? that may be the problem. You likely got hooked up with someone using a cable or DSL connection.
  • Im on broadband?
    Have I set my router up wrong?
    I have a router which is showing strong but my belkin lead to the ps2 is showing low signal ?
    Can you help with what I have done wrong please.
    Thank you
  • I honestly haven't had any experience with Belkin routers (more of a D-Link person myself). Can you give a bit more detail about your set up (wired/ wireless connection, type of net access, etc.)?
  • Thanks for replying ok here is my set up
    netgear router
    wireless adapter to pc
    belkin g plus mimo ethernet cable to PS2 from router
    the conection for the internet is high at 54mbps
    the belkin g plus mimo connection is very low to the PS2
    is this info any good to you?
    Thanks Lana
  • Hmm.. I have to wonder if the problem may be the router. I haven't used a NetGear either but I have heard some mixed reviews for them.

If you have a different ethernet cable around you might want to switch that first to make sure it isn't the cable's doing.

If that doesn't change anything it might be worth trying hooking the modem directly to the PS2 through the ethernet cable and bypass the router altogether just as a test. You will probably have to adjust some connection settings on the PS2 for this such as a log-in if needed.
  • ok I will try that.
    Thanks
  • No joy.
    Should my connection strength be different ??
    my wireless is full but the ethernet is still low.
  • Well, the fastest speed for an ethernet cable is about the same as 802.11 B wireless- it will be slower than the speed you get wirelessly over 802.11 G. That would not be an accurate gauge anyway- that is only the speed between your PC and the router, not the actual net access speed from the modem.

Thing is, you should have plenty of speed through that cable to play without lagging on the broadband connection. Only other thing I can think of is the problem is in your internet access itself. Do you use cable or DSL? If it is cable access and a number of people around you use it too the problem may lie in the bandwidth there being shared among all the users. That's one of the disadvantages of cable over DSL, which doesn't get shared. If this is the case there may not be much you can do other than try to play at a different time when not as many in your area would be online.
  • In the master chalenges it sais u can unlock fifth difficulty by completing all challenges from any two zones. Idid this by comleting the americas and the UK zones, but i still have not got the fifth difficulty, why? and how do i unlock it?
  • I'm playing on the manager mode and none of players will resign their contracts wot can I do?:confused:
  • press up up up x square triangle to get any player you want for free.
  • When trying to renew the contracts of some of the young players i have bought i cant offer them enough money. For example in my first season i bought a young player for about a million for 1 year. When i looked at his growth i realised he was going to be really good so i tried to renew his contract. The problem came when i could only offer him about
  • I had a question about match ratings after every match. For strikers I know that you have to score twice with them to get them a 10. Midfielders you either have to have some assists or score with them as well so they get a 10. But I always have trouble getting a 10 for goalies and defenders even if it's a clean sheet. What are the requirements for a defender and a goalie to receive a 10 match rating. Thanks!
  • I am having trouble getting online with Fifa 07, and pretty much any game I have that is online compatible...

I have a Office Depot Ativa router and a Speedstream 5100 modem, and I've tried putting a dmz on my ps2 through my router, wont work, ive tried opening ports on my router and windows firewall and still got nothing

do you guys have any suggestions on what i should do
  • Okay, there is an issue in the managers mode. I am in season 2011 - 2012. There seems to be a glich in the transfer window. When the computer buys my players, and it comes to the screen where you either accept their offer, or ask for more money. As soon as it gets to this screen, the entire game freezes. It is frustrating as I cannot even continue with the career. HELP!!!

Also, when I export my Chelsea team to play in Kick-off mode, the players are not as good as they are in the Career. For example : Messi is 99 in the career, but only 94 when you export to kick-off mode. Whats up with that.

And is there a cheat to get the legendary gameplay mode....worldcalss getting boring now.

lets see how long these take you.lol

Jason
  • Hi there JayBang, yes the same glitch is mentioned on other forums, so it looks like its a bug in the game.

Sadly there is no cheat to unlock Legendary mode within FIFA 07, but make sure you do one AREA zone and one MASTER zone to unlock it, as there are reports of another bug that prevents you from getting rewarded for all of that hard work.

The other angle you might want to look into is to get a DATEL Action Max for your PS2, you should be able to unlock the legendary mode using a special code, or gamesave.

It sounds like you are an expert at this game, so if you can help out any of the other members who are stuck, please do !

Let us know how you get on

Jim
  • Yeah i have helped out a couple of guys already, but what do I do about the career mode now, will sony refund?? what is the point of buying the game to play the career mode, but you cannot even finish it. It's ridiculous.... do you have a contact number for the developers, would like to try and take this further.
  • You would have to talk to Electronic Arts about it, not Sony- they are the developers and publishers of the game. You should find contact information in the instruction manual near the back.
  • Jay, I have sent you a personal message with the contact details you have requested.

Click on the underlined link that says PRIVE MESSAGES near the very top-right of this page to read it
  • Jim B STAFF said:
    The other angle you might want to look into is to get a DATEL Action Max for your PS2, you should be able to unlock the legendary mode using a special code, or gamesave.

Just a quick addition Jim. Currently, Datel have not got around to making any cheats for this game even though it's been out a couple months now. The most recent is FIFA 06.
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Just a quick addition Jim. Currently, Datel have not got around to making any cheats for this game even though it's been out a couple months now. The most recent is FIFA 06.

Jason, could you check to see if there are any gamesaves too ?
  • Only PS2 saves are as follows:
    Final Fantasy X-2 (UK)
    Fireblade
    Frequency
    Futurama
    No mention of any other saves beginning with the letter F, soz Jim.
    The saves page is here.
  • Hi:

For FIFA 2007

How do you shoot the ball low? All the shots go over the goalpost. Is there some way to make the ball move while it's in the air?

Thanks!
  • In the master chalenges it sais u can unlock fifth difficulty by completing all challenges from any two zones. Idid this by comleting the americas and the UK zones, but i still have not got the fifth difficulty, why? and how do i unlock it?[/
  • hi wat does this mean, how do i forward the ports to the IP address????
  • Scott, this is done through some changes on your router, which has to be handled on your computer. Basically this means telling the router when the PS2 wants online to let it go through on a certain path. If you aren't sure how this is done have whoever set things up for you do it.
  • I set up a team in the create team...is it possible to enter it into the lower leagues? How do i do this, i spent ages trying to create a decent team
  • I got a question, playing on the italian serie A liga, how do I qualify for the EURO?? I made it first on the first season and was able to attend the "CEC" which I dont know wat it stands for but anyways just wanted to know what I need to do to qualify for the EURO?

aLEX
  • hey yall
    how do make serious cash in Fifa 07, I never have enough money...sigh
  • I just completed my first season on Manager mode on your Playstation 2 version of Fifa 2007. I saved the game properly as usual and when I later decided to play again, while I was loading my Manager Mode, it said that the load couldn't be complete and that I had a "corrupt file" in my memory card in slot one. This doesn't make any sense because I have another Manager mode that my friend started for the same memory card in slot one and his works just fine. I just bought this game and will be rather disappointed if I lose my whole season. If you could email me back with what I should do to get my season back at [email]Arsenal1@ku.edu[/email] that would be great.
  • Hi, I was wondering what EFA is in Fifa 2007 PS2 and how do you qualify??

Thanks
  • EFA is for the UEFA Cup, which is competed for by the loser's bracket of the Champions League, also known as ECC in the games. To qualify for this cup you have to lose the qualifiers or lose during the ECC.
  • Hi, i was playing fifa 2007 in manager mode and when some of my players GROWTH bar is 100% there stats dont get higher? There is just a line next to the bar. Why does it do this?

Thanks!
  • I think, im not sure 100% as been a while since i've played it, but I think once a players growth bar gets to 100% bascially the player can't grow anymore meaning they can't increase any of their stats any further. hence why the top world class players in the game are unable to have any of their stats increased.

Sorry about that
  • Are there any real cheats for Fifa 2007 PS2? e.g like x,x,traingle etc.???
  • Afraid not, Ronaldo- just unlockables.
  • Hi, In Master challenges- It says I have to score with a goalkeeper in professional difficulty. I do the challenge with a created keeper so it is easier:) But when I score and the game is finished it says I ahvent done the challenge??? Do I have to do it with a real keeper?
  • In all likelihood, yes- using a stacked created player makes it too easy, after all. ;)
  • My friend is tackling me and getting ball from me easily is there any way of tackling and getting the ball from him and any other ways to defend him when he comes near to the goal post.
    reply me
  • There are two ways to tackle people. The first is the more "conservative" tackle which is activated by pressing *circle* when the player you control is near the other persons player with the ball.
    The other way to tackle is to do the same except this time you press *square* which will do a "sliding" tackle. Never, and I mean NEVER use that tackle in your own box as it's a guaranteed penalty unless you time it just right.

As for the other person possibly scoring. If you press *triangle* when the other person is near your goal, your goalie will come out of his net. You can use this method to either close down the angle, making it harder for the other person to score, or to smother the ball at the other persons feet.
    Be careful though as this can leave a practically open net for the other person to score in if they decide not to be greedy and pass it across the face of goal to another one of their players to just tap the ball in the back of the net.

I hope that helps :)

If you need any other help then just ask.

Jay
  • Jim B STAFF said:
    If you need any help with the game FIFA 07 on the PlayStation 2 please ask it in this area, so that we can keep all answers in one place.

hey there i have got a problem with my ps2 witch is on fifa07 every time i try to log in my account to play online on fifa 07 its fine my connnection is good and everyting but wen it gets to the online squads download it always comes up with the error downloading squads it always does that i tryed and tryed but i never could play because with out the squads download i wont be able to play plz plz plz help me on this one
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    In all likelihood, yes- using a stacked created player makes it too easy, after all. ;)

hey there i have got a problem with my ps2 witch is on fifa07 every time i try to log in my account to play online on fifa 07 its fine my connnection is good and everyting but wen it gets to the online squads download it always comes up with the error downloading squads it always does that i tryed and tryed but i never could play because with out the squads download i wont be able to play plz plz plz help me on this one
  • You may be too late on that, wagner- Electronic Arts have a habit of switching their servers over to the latest versions of the game when the new ones come out. In all likelihood they are now gone over to the FIFA 08 game.
  • yes but yesterday i was playing on it and the network was fine i dont no why but some reason sometimes it works other time it doesnt and i no im not that late because yesterday there was over 200 players online playing fifa 07 so they might of change it but maibe they havent change it yet so i don no but its really weird tho because some times it works sometimes it doesnt it really annoying every time i try to go on it it appears this little window saying online squad download then after seconds passed it said there was an error downloading the online squads and if i try to cancel it before it says that it then says you have canceled and bla bla bla then it says you must have the lastest online squads in order to play online but ill try and get fifa 08 and then try
  • Dear Staff
    I am Clyde and I would like to ask some questions about fifa 2007 ONline .

1. online : I got a free kick and aiming for the left post .
    Sometimes I see the goalie moving to the left post , How do they do that ?? (moving the goalie)??? I now its a cheat because not everybody is doing it

2. online : sometimes you beat your opponent , they pull the plug .
    Normally if they do that you win , but sometimes your scorse doesn't increase , How is that possible ?? what do they do exactly???
  • I can't say how they do the goalie moving bit a i have no idea.

The stats not going up when disconnected is a bug that was quickly discovered by the sore losers out there. They simply disconnect themselves by pulling the cable out and their record remains intact. Kinda sad that people would stoop to that in a game, don't you think?
  • Hey all!
    Not sure if anyone else has reported this, i've looked but found nothing -_-, but on Fifa 2007 for playstation 2 I have had a recurring problem involving saves. The game will work fine, but in manager mode the save function loses its magic saving powers. It is not at a predetermined point, it appears rather randomly. The save file does not appear to be corrupted and the disc is in good condition. It will still pose the 'now saving' 'saving completed' messages, it just doesnt do anything! I'll turn it off and come back and i'll be back where I started. Also it doesnt matter where I save afterwards, I can play ten matches and have the same effects. It is rather frustrating, and I would much appreciate any help you have to offer
    ~Zerokt1
  • Are you sure your loading up your saved profile every time you enter Manager Mode? I can remember the Fifa menu's being rather complicated and confusing at times, it would be an easy mistake to make.

If you have and it still doesnt work, Have you tried a different Memory Card? Thats where the problem could be.
  • Is It Possible To Buy Players From Arsenal Or Liverpool In Manager Mode???
  • Yes, if you meet the required fee and if the player decides to join your club after an offer has been made.
  • Can You Get More Than Thirty Players In A Team???? And How Does Exporting Your Team Do ANything For You??? Thank You
  • I'm not sure how many players are allowed in a team until you max out...? If you can't add any more players to your team in the transfer window because there's no space left in your team then you know you've got too many players. Is there nothing about exporting teams in the manual, as i'm not familiar with it.
  • hey, i dont know if you will be able too help me with this one, on fifa 07 is oscar ustari on it? i heard he is and on the spannish team getafe or something but hes not their, do you no where i can find him or if hes even on the game??

please help as i want him sooo badly

by the way hes a goalkeeper
    if you want help on his details that might help find him on the game go on...

Oscar Ustari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:mad: :confused: :o :redface:
  • Best have another look, that is the team he is found on in the game.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Best have another look, that is the team he is found on in the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    last week i asked where is oscar ustari found on the game because he is ament to be on getafe CF but hes actually not, i asked if you could help me and you said the thing above.

but

he actually ISNT on getafe, ive found him on argentinas international team but he isnt on a club, please help and dont do stupid arnswers or just delete this forum
  • Hey there, wonder if anyone can help. When trying to play interactive leagues online, i get as far as the downloading squads screen and that goes ok, once i click continue the game crashes and i cant go any further. proper annoying me cos i wanna play online, how can i sort this and has anyone else got the same issue? thanks for ur time
  • Afraid the servers for online play have long since been shut down on the 2007 version, terry. Most likely being used for FIFA 2009 or even FIFA 10.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion