BEWARE long blog alert!!
  • A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=85]BEWARE long blog alert!![/drupal]

Ok, recently i have become a member of a wedding forum. To get ideas and chat with others and stuff. So today im reading a 'honeymoon' thread. Were you going etc. Me and tiff are off to the South of France staying in a chalet thing on a site were i used to go with the family when i was a kid. Were close to nice, antibes, cannes, monaco, monte carlo so can do some mega sightseeing!! We have managed to get this for an absolute bargain.
  • Camping? Doesnt sound like camping to me? its a Chalet and there aint nothing sexier than a chalet..... :o

fancy beaches may be great, but sand is rough and takes ages to wash out of what ever you happen to get sand in :rolleyes:

My wedding had a budget of £10k - rings (2 wedding 2 engagement all platinum), the dresses, the flowers, the reception for 130 guests, the invites and the honeymoon. We went to schwangau (go to Schwangau, Dorf der Königsschlösser Neuschwanstein und Hohenschwangau: Informationen and check out the castles) in southern germany for a week, spent a couple of nights in frankfurt, berlin and munich and lived like kings.
    It cost me more to go to my brothers wedding in the US (by myself) than a fortnight of first class trains and pure luxury cost us on honeymoon.
    As for the reception, 2 and a half years later, lots of our guests still say it was the best wedding they have been to.
    It was all done on the tightest of budgets, a saving here meant an extra guest could be invited sort of thing - and I have to say I loved every minute of it.

So in the end, if you do what you want to do, and keep to your budget, everything should work out great.

One piece of advice...I know a girl who said that everyone gets back from a wedding the cash they put into it and for that reason overspent her budget by about 80% expecting several thousand £ in cash as failed to materialise as everyone bought gifts for their new home - washing machines, dishwashers etc and the poor girl had wonderful equiped new home and a £12k credit card bill after the wedding finances were spent...

and after that word of caution.

GOOD LUCK!!!