Link connection between PS1 & PS2?
  • Hello. Me an dmy friend would like to hook up PS1 with PS2 and play GT2 with two TV:s so that we have full screen and not splitted screen when we race each other. Is that possible, or do we need two PS2 consoles?

By for now.

Race on dude's
  • Right now there is no way to connect both a PSX and a PS2 together. You can either connect two PSXs together or two PS2s, using i-link cables and a hub for the latter. If you need, i can find out how much each of these things cost for you. Also, GT2 isn't compatible with the i-link connection so you would have to connect two PSXs to play GT2 with full screen on two tvs. I hope this bit of info was of any help to you. Feel free to ask as many more questions as you need to and I or one of the other great API members will find you an accurate and speedy answer. Well, I hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup:
  • Also, just to add to the above reply...

The later versions of the PlayStation and the newer PSone consoles had the link cable sockets removed from them, so check you have a serial I/O port on the back of the 2 playstations before buying a cable.
  • Thanx Jim. Oh, conny, I sent you some more info on the Cmbat cable that i described to you before. I hope that it helps you out and if you need any other info feel free to ask. Well, I hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup: