• Just bought it earlier today and have played a couple hours worth before getting ready to go to work. So far I like it, the graphics are good and it already has quite the storyline. I am not sure yet if im a huge fan of the main character or not though.

Has anybody else bought this game yet? Or do any of you have any thoughts or questions about it?
  • Mike, if you could compare this to FFX only, how would it stack up so far?
  • I'm beginning to like the game. I have yet to actually play a minute of actual gameplay. I had it preordered so yesterday I went to pick it up and got to watch a bit of it. Then the video on the TV went out so all I heard was the sound and it really kind of irritated me.

I know this has nothing to do with the game, but I'm intending on picking the game up once again and playing it after this long week.
    :)
  • Is there any option to get japanese audio?
  • I don't think I can compare FFX and FFXII. Both games are amazing, but very different from each other. I am enjoying FFXII a lot though. The battle system is a little bit like a MMORPG. My favorite characters are all the girls Fran, Penelo, and Ashe. They are all really good. I usually play with two different parties.

Party One:
    Fran
    Basch
    Vaan

Party two:
    Ashe
    Balthier
    Penelo

but if I get into a real bind I use Fran, Ashe, and Penelo as my party. Those three together own. My characters are all lvl 19.

I've got 24 hours on the game so far, but 8 of it is probably time where I left the game on.
  • Comparing the game to FFX would be like comparing FFXI to FFX, which is rather hard to do. Basically it's like playing an MMORPG without the hassle of real people. It should be noted that the game is still basically a turn-based RPG, even if sometimes it doesn't feel like one. See, going into the battle menu stops the action, so you have all the time in the world. You can also control every character directly, or indirectly through the use of gambits, which can be setup to basically do anything in the game based on certain things that happen, such as using potions when HP falls below 40% or some such.

I'm about 35 hours in, and still have quite a ways to go. My characters range from level 19 -> 31, with my most used characters being Basch, Vann, and Fran, with me controlling Basch, and switching to Fran if immediate healing needs appear. Of course, I have healing and status effect gambis going, so it's not needed, but I like to make sure things are taken care of. One thing to keep in mind in this game is that generally, in each area, there are enemies that can wipe your enire party, so be prepared to hold R2 and flee like there was no tomorrow.

I would definitely recommend this game to fans of FFX, if only for the fact that it is awesome. The battle system takes a little getting used to, but like I said before, the game is basically a turn-based RPG, with as much action thrown in as you want.
  • OK, this is for the Americans out there that have bought Final Fantasy XII.
    Has anyone bought the collectors edition or at least seen it in a shop or on a website or in a magazine article? I've seen it on the GameSpot website but it doesn't say anything about it, just the FF XII game in general. I wanna know what 'extras' you get in the collectors edition that you don't get with the original.
    Cheers,
    Jay
  • you get a second disk that has interviews with the various creaters of final fantasy 12 from sotry to battle to music. Also it comes in a really nice case
  • Ah right, makes sense I guess. Just like other PS2 collectors edition games then with their "extras" DVDs.
    Cheers for that Scoot
  • My daughter started playing it today. So far the graphics are good. The music is okay, even thou it is recycled from the previous games. Seems like the characters move a little better then the previous ones. She says it is easier to play then FFX. At least it keeps her busy and out of my way.
    To me it seems like it has less structures and more plain ground to cover.
    Can't wait for her to put it down so I can have a chance at it. I hope!
  • Jason F Staff said:
    OK, this is for the Americans out there that have bought Final Fantasy XII.
    Has anyone bought the collectors edition or at least seen it in a shop or on a website or in a magazine article? I've seen it on the GameSpot website but it doesn't say anything about it, just the FF XII game in general. I wanna know what 'extras' you get in the collectors edition that you don't get with the original.
    Cheers,
    Jay

Exactly what is on the second disc:

Developer's Interviews
    History of Final Fantasy featurettes
    Final Fantasy XII U.S. Trailers
    Final Fantasy XII Japan Trailers
    Final Fantasy Art Gallery

And the case is made of win.... and errr.... tin. It's only $49.99 at GameStop now in case anyone wants it. The regular edition is $39.99.