My Login Name?
  • :huh: Hi again, i was just wondering my login name is minxi that part is correct however it states minxi LURKER??? WHERE does lurker come from if you wish to have another name next beside Minxi could i kindly ask it to be WILSON rather than LURKER ?? if this is to be changed by me please assist me on how to rectify this thank you kindly Minxi
  • Hi there Minxi, welcome to Absolute PlayStation !

Don't worry, the LURKER name just shows other members that you are new to the website.

As you start to add messages into other areas of the website the name will change to show how experienced you are in here.

We call new people Lurkers, as they often just lurk in the shadows reading other peoples messages for a while before actually getting involved, asking questions and helping other people out with their questions.

(RESPONSE TIME 1hr )
  • :o O cool you must think i am really stupid? is there a step by step page i could forward to my best friend Diana which also likes games but is a little less in the knowledge of the how to on registering, playing, etc... if you like i could give her email address to you it is: *email address deleted for security purposes* thank you very much for your speedy answers to my silly questions i do appreciate the short waiting period. kind regards Minxi:D
  • Sorry about deleting your friends email address, but I'm sure she doesn't want hundreds of people suddenly emailing her, am I right?

Anyway, I'm not personally sure if there is a kind of "How to register" guide, if there is I'm sure Jim or Lyndon, the other God Squad member, will send you a PM (er Personal Message).
    If you want to request things, but need to put something personal like an email address, could I ask that you send one of the Buddy, Site or God Squad members a PM. Just click on their name and it will take you to their respective Profile, from there just click on "Send a private message to..."

Once again, I hope you understand why I deleted your friends email address.
    We look forward to you and, hopefully, your friends, continued, participation on the Absolute-Playstation forums.
  • Jason's advice is for the best- sometimes you never know who may be reading the posts and it's best to, if possible, avoid giving personal information where anyone can read it.

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to send her an e-mail explaining how to sign up. Just click on my name and you'll see a small menu come up- what you want is called "send a private message to...". This will let you send a message to me (only I will see it) and you could ley me know her address to help her get set up. Or, if she's on any of the instant messengers just click on one of the little pics for them in the top right corner of this post. I'm online most of the day so i should be available.
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Sorry about deleting your friends email address, but I'm sure she doesn't want hundreds of people suddenly emailing her, am I right?

Anyway, I'm not personally sure if there is a kind of "How to register" guide, if there is I'm sure Jim or Lyndon, the other God Squad member, will send you a PM (er Personal Message).
    If you want to request things, but need to put something personal like an email address, could I ask that you send one of the Buddy, Site or God Squad members a PM. Just click on their name and it will take you to their respective Profile, from there just click on "Send a private message to..."

Once again, I hope you understand why I deleted your friends email address.
    We look forward to you and, hopefully, your friends, continued, participation on the Absolute-Playstation forums.

thank you kindly now i know for future ref. sorry for that
  • Minxi said:
    thank you kindly now i know for future ref. sorry for that

It's ok. It's an easy mistake to make. It's good for other people to know that they're not the only one who may do that. Plus you'll know for other website forums as well. Remember, Never give out personal details unless you're absolutely convinced it's ok to do so. Also, if you're under 16, it's best to ask a parent or adult you trust if they think it's ok to give out personal details, even if the person you're giving them to may seem like a good friend.
    Anyway, once again, don't worry about the slight mistake, just remember for next time, ok? :cool: