How many guns can you carry?
  • Strange title I know but its all about how many guns you can carry when you got stuff to shoot.

Some games limit you to carrying 2 (black) some 3 (killzone) some loads. Some such as Conflict Vietnam limit you to 2 weapons over the shoulder and a pistol others such as earlier Hitman titles will let you carry unlimited smaller weapons and one larger (rifle, machine gun etc) however the latest Hitman - Blood Money limits what you can carry to 4 weapons on load out - you can still pick up small weapons during the missions.

From my point of view 3 is tactically the best option - giving you options for close and silent, heavy firepower and long range. Black leaves you wondering, do i take the rocket launcher and silent pistol or what??

Please feel free to add your thoughts....
  • I'll just sit in a room watching the screen with my finger over "The Button"
  • To me 3 or 4 would be the limit to have a slight sense of realism. To me it takes away from the game being able to carry 12 different guns 9some of which are fairly heavy artillery) and multiple rounds for each.
  • I am the "Grab anything you can get your hands on" type. I usually find it very annoying if your inventory is limited. (I'm planning to write a code that allows me to generate Rincewinds walking trunk into any game I please).

I wouldn't mind having the option of carrying around 50 different caliber cannons, even if the encumberment forced me to advance at the phase of the continental drift.

Seems like any time I descide to swap to a newly found gun in any game with weaponry limits I end up with the type that only had that one half empty (or half full if you bend that way) clip and zero to slim chanses of ever stumbling upon any compatible ammo at all, until you drop the gun ofcourse.

Too many of those incidents have unfortunatly also turned me into a "Better save that, you never know when you'll find a new one" type. So not only do I enjoy carying around enough weapons to arm a scuadron, I also have full ammo, medical and other perculiar object at max, as I slowly but steadily stab my way through stage after stage.
  • I tend to agree with Magnus. I subscribe to the "carry as many as possible because you never know when you'll need them". This may not seem realistic, but we are talking about video games and expect to be able to do things in them I can't in real life. Like shoot people in the head and walk away from it without consequence. Or carry 10 different weapons and huge amounts of ammo. Plus, who doesn't like to collect guns?

Most games only allow you to use one weapon at a time anyways. If you were able to use a bazooka with one hand and a sniper rifle with the other, that would seem unrealistic to me.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    To me 3 or 4 would be the limit to have a slight sense of realism. To me it takes away from the game being able to carry 12 different guns 9some of which are fairly heavy artillery) and multiple rounds for each.

Realism? Dude you need to step away from the console every once in awhile. Just because they make it look real doesn't mean it is.
  • meadowlark81 said:
    Realism? Dude you need to step away from the console every once in awhile. Just because they make it look real doesn't mean it is.

And shirk my reviewing duties? Perish the thought. :p

You misunderstand me I think- to me it takes away from the game without some sort of limit. If your character can carry 20 weapons or more and ammo for each just where is he putting some of that (or are we better off not knowing)? :eek:
  • I think how many you can carry depends on what the guns are. maybe 1-4 small weps. 1-2 large weps and unlimited ammo space or something would be fine with me :/
  • I agree with Exploding -Monkey. If the weapons are small then 1-4 is a good range. In real life you could carry a couple pistols and knives at the same time. I also agree that large weapons need to be limited. I don't think anybody can run around with a rocket launcher and shotgun at the same time.