• i was fiddling around with a psx memory card, not sure what type, but i decided to get nosey, and i took apart the mem card to check its contents. it had a sst m29f010t chip "SST Flashrom 128k "131072 in binary" now i mess around with xboxes and what im about to say is regarding a modchip but read on mods before you judge. i learned how to make xbox modchips out of empty flashroms. had to be the m29f020T 256k versions to bios limitations. but what im trying to ask is is it possible to desolder the m29f010t, and solder in a SST M29F080T "8mbit 1megabyte flashrom" to increase what the memory card can hold? or is it limited to 131072 bytes. and maybe another thing is to add a switch, i also heard some of the address lines can be grounded or added to a 5v positive pull from the chip to only allow certain sectors to be read. to trick the psx into thinking it has a 128k chip, more like bankswitching. anyone have any ideas im interested. and mods plz dont flame. i made a reference to a modchip but nothing illegal k? thanks for readin:D o and btw, the chip is a 32 contact PLCC. to write to it you need to add 5v+ "obviously" and bridge -WE "write enable" to the 5v, or writing to it will fail. hey maybe this could be a fix to your damaged memcards. out of my time ripping apart computers, alot of older cdroms have the same kind of flashrom "exact same size". you find one thats busted or damaged, rip it apart apart and pull the flashrom:D