What would be better....
  • What would be better to buy the actual sony memory cards and controlers or the other brand names. Which is more reliable? ???
  • Definitely go with Sony products as they will last you longer than the other brands will. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup:
  • Sony products are great but if u are on a budget i know for a fact that MadKatz make the best 3rd party hardware,
    plus the the only 3rd party memory cards for ps2 are official licensed by sony"
  • It is true that there are many 3rd party manufacturers who produce PS items at a much lower cost, but the trade-off is in the quality.

If you read some of the past posts in this thread, you will see just how many people have had their data wiped out or unretrieveable due to 3rd party memory cards.

No, not ALL are junk, but do you want to take a chance on a game that you've been playing for hours (or days, weeks) being "lost" or non-accessable? I wouldn't!
  • Well I have had a MadKatz mem card for a long time and it's been perfectly fine. So I don't know why it wuld be considered bad since it does have the Sony name on it and MagicGate so I guess MadKatz is a safe option too.
  • I say sony , but it looks like some people are having some of the same quility as Mad katz. So it's your choice now!!
  • Sony, in a marketing move that could prove to be a very smart one has cut it's licensing agreements with 3rd party companies for memory cards and controllers too if i'm not mistaken. They grew tired of the complaints that they were getting about the accessories being sorry excuses for pieces of plastic and electonics. The 16MB MC from Interact is a phony and if you were to try and use it it'd be like paying $10 less for 8MB less than a Sony card. Is that what you want to risk your money on? I know that i wouldn't. So vote Sony....errrr.....buy Sony products as they're the smart way to go for smart gamers of the future. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup: