Confusion over consoles.....
  • I have just been listening to a friend of mine explaining how his xbox 360 with its new HD-DVD drive is the mutt's bits.

He went into great lengths to explain that his x360 could now play movies in full 1080p (something to do with a new update from m$ for the console).

(premium xbox360 =
  • What can i say- fanboys don't let a little thing like logic get in the way of making an argument. :p

To be fair, you can get the full high-def experience from component cables but there aren't too many televisions that can handle 1080p on the market yet. The ones that can are fairly pricey. My tv goes with 720p as the premium resolution- for me that's plenty. SometimesI wonder if the ones wanting to get the top of the line stuff aren't compensating for something. ;)

Now, I have yet to try a Blu-Ray movie on my PS3 (it came with Talledega Nights and I picked up X-Men: The Last Stand) but i will be doing so in the near future. I can't say for sure if I would have picked up the HD-DVD attatchment myself if I didn't get the PS3. Maybe if I see it marked down someplace or at a decent price on eBay I'll consider it but I don't watch enough movies at home to warrant both.
  • Aint that so true about fanboys. Sometimes its hard to explain anything to them. This bloke swears by his beloved 360, but I have to say that back in the day he worshiped his Mega CD and his Saturn....... :redface:

In a nutshell, when he buys something, it doesnt matter what it is, or how much anyone else wants it, once its in Gary's hands everyone else goes of it there and then. Why? well Gary's track record for backing a loser is second to none. I mean this bloke talked his dad into buying him a Sinclair C5 back in the mid 80's as a handy way to get to school.:huh:
  • Rory K STAFF said:
    I mean this bloke talked his dad into buying him a Sinclair C5 back in the mid 80's as a handy way to get to school.:huh:

His Dad isn't called Sir Clive by any chance?...
  • lol kernmist - na, and he aint ginger or left handed either. Some people are just naturally lifes eejits - and Gary is the definitive example.