Christmas Shopping
  • I am going to Sunderland this afternoon and then that will be ALL my christmas shopping done!!! Before december!! Are you jealous??

Apart from the secret santa at work but need to know who i get before i can buy that.
  • na na na na na

I already have mine done! - 90% of it done over the internet.
    Even the secret santa is done - man or woman it doenst matter with this gift!

I was thinking of then simply making a donation to a charity and sending people a thank you card for their kindness towards ??? This way I dont have to spend ages looking for the "right" thing and if they complain then they look uncharitable - its feckin genius I tells you!! :o

btw - I would like to point out in case anyone thinks I have gone totally nuts that this is the first year that I have had any christmas shopping done before Dec 20 and it means that I can go to the pub when everyone else is getting trampled in the shops! :p
  • Jane S STAFF said:
    I am going to Sunderland this afternoon and then that will be ALL my christmas shopping done!!! Before december!! Are you jealous??

If I knew what the heck sunderland was, then I'm sure I'd be jealous. Not really though...I can't think of christmas shopping yet. Not till after school gets out. Otherwise my mind will get distracted.:o
  • Melinda

Sunderland is a city in the north east of England. The people who live there are a weird sort who believe minus 5 centigrade is "t-shirt" weather and they all talk funny. They have huge love-ins with their neighbouring cities - Newcastle and Middlesborough and the "ladies" who go out to clubs and bars at night appear to like showing off their bodies.

All in all, I shouldn't think that you would be overly jealous of anyone going to Sunderland. :o
  • Rory K STAFF said:
    They have huge love-ins with their neighbouring cities - Newcastle and Middlesborough...

Now, first off I'm from West Yorkshire, NOT Newcastle-upon-Tyne or wherever.
    Anyway, Sunderland, Newcastle, and Middlesborough all HATE eachother; especially the footy fans. The 'derbys' between those three sides are always bad. So, if I was a Geordie or whatever, I think I'd prob be a little miffed that you linked the three cities together. However, I'm not, so I don't particularly care really. Just thought I'd point out that kinda fact though :mellow:
  • I'm planning on getting the bulk of my shopping done today- it's hard to figure out what to get when the people you're buying for don't really need anything! :p There happens to be a Christmas parade happening today in the city so I'll be headed to that after the shopping.
  • And i live near sinderland and am not from round here at all so HA!!! they all think i talk realllly funny :p

Roll on december 9th when i go out on the toon (see that bit of geordie i slipped in there - genius) round sunderland on the drinkydrinks. I will be very drunk and shall no doubt be showing off my body. Which is another reason to stay clear of this hell hole!!

And jay - your right they all hate each other up here. - let me get this right geordies, makems and smoggies. And you cant forget the monkey hangers of Hartlepool!!. Im glad i support Wigan Athletic!:o
  • Jane S STAFF said:
    jay - your right they all hate each other up here. - let me get this right geordies, makems and smoggies. And you cant forget the monkey hangers of Hartlepool!!. Im glad i support Wigan Athletic!:o

WIGAN? :o Well, I suppose someone has to :laugh:
  • Ugh - we had bought my dad the best of depeche mode album from music zone and the numpty has put the wrong CD in the box!! iff has rang them and they will change it over but we now have to trapse all the way into town tomorrow before tiff goes for his hospital scan
  • :eek: Have you all gone mental? Shopping christmas presents in the middle of summer?

*Checks calendar*
    :o Oy, it's nearly december!!
    Didn't I just finish my summer employment? Damn this trechorous weather in the south.
    *Checks thermometer*
    :confused:Only -5 celsius in the mids of winter. Best wear more than a t-shirt next time I go outside or the funny talking neighbours might think I'm odd in some way.