Present Suggestions
  • I was thinking, for those of us that have better things to do than loaf around shopping for Christmas Gifts the whole year round (looking at your direction Jane and Rory) or live and die by the "Just In Time" production method, the question of "What shall I get my obnoctios nephew?" always seems to arise at a moment when you are too stressed out to think about that.

So I thought we might start a little braistorm here and come up with good (and maybe original, for those who is never satisfied anyhow) present suggestions.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I happen to have been struck with devine intuition last night. For my brother, I am getting (Mats, if you're stalking in here, don't read on)

Best Of Barry White

I mean, he is single (I think) and Barry is so ironically classic AND romantic at the same time. It's perfect. (It is also quite cheap)

-----------

Please contribute any General Purpose- or Greatest Gifts you have in store.

//Good luck unspamming sales offers here Site Squad\\:w00t2:
  • I obviously cant put tiffs gifts on here but

My sister is getting a book about pirates. Yes i know she is 22

My dad is getting a best of depeche mode album and dvd

My mum is getting a jade bracelet that my friend genoursly got for me in hong kong in october

my gran gets shortbread

my cousins get money
  • Since I live in a family of rabbits (I have 27 cousins just on my moms side and numerous others on my dad's)..my mom has come up with the clever idea of getting every kid the same thing. Last year she got all the male nephews little stuffed footballs (american footballs of course:redface:) and girls bracelets. Those kinds of gifts work well no matter what the age.

Me personally..I'm buying:

Boyfriend gets a fish.
    Best friend gets a giftcard.
    Sister is probably gonna get a hair dryer.
    Brother will probably get something he can throw.
    Dad will probably get tools.

And for all of you...well..uh..don't know yet.:mellow:Maybe I'll just send memory cards to a select few favorite members of mine.:rolleyes:
  • mmm maybe WE could have a secret santa - but everyone would just get each other a memory card lol!
  • Jane S STAFF said:
    mmm maybe WE could have a secret santa - but everyone would just get each other a memory card lol!

It IS the cheapest thing you could get another gamer.
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    It IS the cheapest thing you could get another gamer.

Ooooo I could always do with another PS2 memory card but no more controllers, there taking over the living room

For Jane, shes getting .........................................................................................and also she knows I'm getting some nice Virgin Vie cosmetics, but she doesn't know which ones
    Future inlaws - Jane & I sorted that out in previous post
    Sister inlaw to be Kate - apart from the pirate book, I also got her a big Disney Princess Belle edition art set as she's quite the artist & a collector of all that is Belle (and we know, shes 22!!!)
    Joe, Kat, Heather & Daniel (children of friends & family) selection box each, money & Joe gets Guns N' Roses T-shirt as he's a little rock god.
    Tony (Kates Boyfriend) - we both thought long & hard & came up with a present that he will love and there's no batteries or instuctions on how to use it - A crate of beer!

And of course the little critters & swimmy pets will get prezzies
  • Chris N STAFF said:
    Ooooo I could always do with another PS2 memory card but no more controllers, there taking over the living room

Maybe I'll save giving you and Jane both presents and just give you guys a memory card pack once you tie the knot!:rolleyes:
  • ooooooooooo his and hers matching memory cards - Maybe Jim could market them!!
  • Magnus you are halirious.

Its to bad we all don't have a secret santa. That I can use.

Christmas. My family is small. They started a thing a few years back. We only buy gifts for the kids that are under the age of 17. The adults just don't care to celabrate the holiday anymore. No more gift exchanging here. Hence I live with my mom still and crazy 15 year old daughter, I do give gifts to them. I will buy a ps2 game and give some money to her. My mom, the one who has everything and don't need nothing, I give her gifts that I make out of crochet and that seems to please her. However, there is just one small problem with christmas. My daughter's birthday is on Jan 1. Have not found a gift yet to give to her on that day. I have to do two things, one for christmas and right after that a birthday gift. Is that a close call or what? Unfortunetly, she is quite picky to buy for. That is one thing I have to do. Sounds crazy huh!
  • Yikes kremzeek - that is a bit close!!!