Burning feeling when u have a Wii?
  • The poor people on this site certainly do!! Wii Have A Problem...

Blood loss and LCD Tvs ruined (personally dont know which is worse!) when the wrist strap snaps on the wii controller!!!

So anyone that has a wii or is thinking about getting one then done be too over-excitable when playing wii sports!! Either that or get your house insurance sorted!!!
  • Can't say that's been a problem here just need to keep a firm grip on the Wiimote (which that guy certainly didn't).
  • It's making me rethink about the Wii. Has it really been approved by HSE in Europe? You can just imagine on Christmas day you get a lovely brand new 46" HD-LCD TV and your kid gets a Wii and 2 hours later the child is in pain from swinging the controller around his head, wrist strap snaps sending a Wee (or Wii) controller towards your TV....................

The rest you can make up.

Having a good look at the controller 2 major improvements can & should be made
    1. nylon coated steel wire on the end of the strap (got them in the house & ready to use)
    2. either raised up hatchet plastic side grip or even rubber impregnated

and lets not forget, don't put candles onto of your TV or your Wii interface will look possessed (Muppet!)
  • Keep in mind you don't have to swing the controller as if you actually did have a tennis racket/ sword/ whatever in your hand. A quick flick of the wrist does the same as a wild swing. The strap is adjustable to fit snugly on the wrist so as long as you can keep a good grip it shouldn't snap off at all. If smething like you decribed doing does happen it's their own bloody fault for not doing thing as they were told.
  • Some frends of mine, living in a 5 bedroom house as housemates, have a Wii & a large LCD (can't say how big exactly but looks around 150cmish). During a game of bowling, one of them forgot to put the srap on, costing him nearly $1000 in repairs. I wasn't there at the time (infact they had neither the Wii or the TV since my previous visit) but it amused me to no end when they told me.
  • Knowze Gungk said:
    Some frends of mine, living in a 5 bedroom house as housemates, have a Wii & a large LCD (can't say how big exactly but looks around 150cmish). During a game of bowling, one of them forgot to put the srap on, costing him nearly $1000 in repairs. I wasn't there at the time (infact they had neither the Wii or the TV since my previous visit) but it amused me to no end when they told me.

I guess people are just really stupid. That guy you speak of is the same guy who rides around with no seatbelt on. He deserves whatever pain he gets :mad:

I haven't played any Wii games yet on my own system that have forced me to sling my remote as hard as I can, I know not to act stupid around an expensive hdtv. Wii Sports comes close, especially when you are using the remote as a baseball bat. You have a tendency to want to swing it at about 90 mph (or kmh for our European friends) ;).