Blue bottom ps2 discs
  • have u ever tried 2 load up a PS2 blue bottom disc and noticed it doesn't load everytime or not @ all? well place the disc in tha tray then look @ it if the label is facing left the disc will malfunction and give ya "disc read error" but if ya place tha disc with tha label facing up or to tha right (i guess it works right because of vertical mounting) it will werk everytime! also i noticed on smugglers run sumtimes it will act like tha controller isnt plugged in! well if tha game is already loaded press tha analog button on yer controller and tha lil red led will light up and stay on! then yer controller will werk fine! was this a rush job game makers did 2 get games ready 4 launch?
  • For that..I salute you! *salutes* Wow, did not know that doing all that work to a blue disc can make it work.
  • I have heard of these. I read some where that blue bottom disk's scratch easyer then the regular ones. I was trying to play nba live 2002 when my anolog stick started shaking. It felt good at first , but then it was a tad annoying so i started to press the anolog sticks it then stop. It rareley does that now though.
  • [b]
    My blue CD's work fine, i mean i play Pro Evolution Soccer all the time for hours at a time and it never stops working. It is just so damn enoying when a game never stops working
  • :2devilish: I have High Heat 2003, it is a blue disc and I have had no trouble with it what-so-ever. :thumbsup:
  • The opposite for me, the white disks mess up the PS2 but the blue disks work fine. Really I think it depends if the game is malfunctional or not. But, I'm not saying that there is no difference between the disks. It turns out, the blue disks are Cd ROM and the white are DVD ROM. Sometimes the CD ROM laser reader can get messed up occasionally which will cause the game not to load or load correctly. It might also be dirty. Also, it turns out the CD ROM games scratch much easier, as you have said before. I hope this helps you
  • Ya my SSX (blue Bottom) is gettin' jacked
  • i havnt used my playstation2 for months and got some new games recently and its only playin blue discs, ive only got 2 blue disc games and want to sell my ps2 but i cant if its broke, can anyone help with this problem pls? theres no disc read error, when i load in a silver disc just a black screen shows, nothing happens :confused:
  • Is it doing this for all DVD game disks (the silver ones)?
    The first thing is would advise is "Tiff's Turn"! If your ps2 is sitting flat then turn it on its side, if its on its side turn it on to its flat. Then power it up and try your silver disks again. Often this cures disk reading problems.
  • Rory K STAFF said:
    Is it doing this for all DVD game disks (the silver ones)?
    The first thing is would advise is "Tiff's Turn"! If your ps2 is sitting flat then turn it on its side, if its on its side turn it on to its flat. Then power it up and try your silver disks again. Often this cures disk reading problems.

thanks for the help but no luck lol, screen stays black for a minutes then it shows u the disc and says .. no data :confused:
  • sometimes the machine can become damp (like condensation inside it) if its sitting in a cool location or if it it hasnt been used for a while. this can effect the laser lens and cause the "no data" reading

I would suggest that you place it someplace warm and turn it on leaving it to run. Dont put any disk into it. Hopefully this will dry out the internals and maybe your machine will run again. If you have no luck after leaving it on for a couple of days, I doubt its bought the farm :(
  • Rory K STAFF said:
    sometimes the machine can become damp (like condensation inside it) if its sitting in a cool location or if it it hasnt been used for a while. this can effect the laser lens and cause the "no data" reading

I would suggest that you place it someplace warm and turn it on leaving it to run. Dont put any disk into it. Hopefully this will dry out the internals and maybe your machine will run again. If you have no luck after leaving it on for a couple of days, I doubt its bought the farm :(

In most electronic manuals it recommends you when moving from one room to another to leave the machine/item for about 30mins before turning the power on. So coming in from a cold room to a warm, give it time. Sometimes having the machine on the floor doesn't help, got a carpet on the floor then the machine will suck up dust & micro-fibres getting the insides yukky.
  • cheers for your help, il investigate ... :)
  • i have many cd-rom(blueback) w/ no schratches on it , no condensation probs & i always get a disk read error message. i have tried the cleaning disk , it wont spin-up either. what are my alternitives???? and why am i refered to as a lurker ':~#
  • Lurker is the name given to new members- after a couple of posts that will change to Member.

If the drive will not spin at all you have the choice of calling Sony to ask about repairs or scrapping the system and getting a new one. Either way will cost some cash.
  • i ended up removing the hard cover casing and lifting the disk drive cover enough to clean (w/ witch hazel) and the system was able to read the cd-rom ;^)
  • TRY THIS MY OLD PS2 WOULDNT PLAY CD'S , AND OLD GAMES HOWEVER MY BROTHERS FREIND ADV ME TO PUT THE DISC IN THE TRAY THEN PUT AN OLD CD ON TOP OF THE GAMe then play away it worked for me i think the extra weight might make it closer to the laser to be honest i dont k now but it does work.