User options on PS3
  • Anyone know what the User options are on the PS3... is it skin able?
    who knows?
  • If by "skinnable" you mean your background behind the menu bar, no it isn't. At present we are stuck with a single background which changes color depending on time of day (brighter in daytime, black at night). They may fix this with a firmware update like they did with the PSP.

Part of the reasoning behind not having it may have been due to the burn-in issue some plasma tv sets have with still images if left too long.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    At present we are stuck with a single background which changes color depending on time of day (brighter in daytime, black at night).

Do you think it changes with the seasons? I was thinking in the summertime it'd be orange/red/yellow :) That would be cool.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    Do you think it changes with the seasons? I was thinking in the summertime it'd be orange/red/yellow :) That would be cool.

Why, I don't know MCWHAMMER. But I guess it doesn't matter so much now that we have custom backgrounds on our PS3. But I can see how you'd be curious about that sort of thing sir. Good question! Reputation added :p
  • I really love the skins on the PSP, got mine set for lemmings. Should be able to change the sounds as well when your moving from menus & clicking on. not be long before the people who write there own xml codes for the PSP themes cross over & crack open the PS3