• I have a bunch of games saved on my 8mb card. But when I try to get them to load the game says no memory card found. I can see the save games when I load memory manager software that came with my first generic 16mb card. I can transfer files between the two cards but the Sony card is not reconized byt the console. Can you reformat the Sony Card and if so how ????

Last edited by Tbear263 at April 02 2002,14:03
  • Turn the power on your PS2 without a disk or with the cd tray ejected and then go into "Browser". Then you can go into the card and delete if you want and see what you have to make sure it's all in working order. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup:
  • The problem is,I think,in that memory manager software.I have always been somewhat leery of third party products when it comes to the memory cards.You can transfer the game saves with no problem by going into the browser as mad suggested.Once they are transferred I'd suggest not using that other card.

The Sony cards do not need to be formatted-they never did build that function in.
  • Then why cant the console see the Sony Card any more
  • Hopefully you didn't delete the browsers for the card or you'll need to have another card to copy that back onto your card. Also, did you use the compression on the Sony card? If so then the only way to load those game are to decompress them. These are the only things that i can think of at this time. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup: