girlies and gaming
  • yay for girls who game! i am one. so... i guess that's yay for me too! ;) i'm new to the board, to state the obvious. so.... um.... hi everyone. and..... if you're a hot japanese guy... then.... get with me after the show and we'll exchange digits. XD

love, tanpopo*xxxxxxxxxx
  • Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not a hot Japanese guy. But I am one of the girl gaming population! Yay for us!!

Welcome to Absolute Playstation Network Community. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
    :)
  • thank you ohhhhhhh so much :) it's always awesome to feel welcomed. i'm sure you'll see me posting A LOT! as i'm kinda dumb sometimes and can't figure out how to get through sections of games or whatever :) thanks for making me feel welcome!

love, tanpopo*xxxxxxx ;)
  • As far as I know we do not have any Japanese guys, hot or otherwise (we do have some guys that think they are hot- I'm not going to break the news to them). However, we do have people that are willing to help with gaming-related problems so feel free to ask away. B)
  • lol! well, i won't break the news to them either!
    too bad about your japanese situation! we'll have to import some! ;)
    yes! i see you guys are time on target for game helpage! lol =) *WOOT*

love, tanpopo*xxxxxxxxxx
  • *Raises hand in the air* Well im not a hot japanese guy but i am a hot girlie gamer!!! And i do have one of those guys on here that thinks he's hot (and i have broken the news to him but hes spent so much money on bald spot protector that the comments just bounce off!!)

WELCOME GIRLIE GAMER!!!!!! Its always good to have another stacked on our side!!!
  • Jane S STAFF said:
    *Raises hand in the air* Well im not a hot japanese guy but i am a hot girlie gamer!!! And i do have one of those guys on here that thinks he's hot (and i have broken the news to him but hes spent so much money on bald spot protector that the comments just bounce off!!)

WELCOME GIRLIE GAMER!!!!!! Its always good to have another stacked on our side!!!

RIGHT! that's you not going to Japan in 2008!!!!

and it's not a bald spot that's coming, it's my new mobile solar panel charger for the PSP! :p

WELCOME TO THE CLAN NEW GIRLIE GAMER!
  • thanks guys! =) you're soooooo cute! =D
    ohhhhhhh you're going to japan in 2008? can i go too? i'm travel sized for your convenience! i can fit in someone's back pocket!!! XD

love, tanpopo!
  • tanpopo said:
    i'm travel sized for your convenience!!

Ah, do we have a Mushu in the forums then???
  • as long as we dont have to declare you at customs!!
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    Ah, do we have a Mushu in the forums then???

Hmmm...Maybe technology is finally starting to take over and she is actually a Tamogotchi (spelling?) :confused::o
    Anyway, welcome to the forums. We do like our girls here as players, er sorry GAMES players :eek:

Jay

p.s. I'm neither Japanese nor hot, but I AM a guy so I guess one out of three ain't bad
  • ha ha!!! noooooo not mushu......or a tamagotchi.... more like...... um..........sumomo from chobitsu =) yeah! i'm a pocket sized persocom! ha ha! :D

p.s. I'm neither Japanese nor hot, but I AM a guy so I guess one out of three ain't bad

hey! rock on jay =) we all gotta start somewhere on that road to being a "hawt japanese rawk star" =D j/k ;) that's cool! thanks for welcoming me :) and i'm happy to see so many girlie gamers here too! yay! *smiles* i finally feel like i belooooooooonnnnnnnng lol! don't you know what it's like to be the only girl in rhino, game stop or game force?!?! :o
    (unless you count the moms xmas/birthday shopping) it's weird man!!!!
  • You could always do the whole *disguised as a boy* thing. Just wear a baseball cap, making sure you tuck your hair under it. Then just wear a baggy t-shirt and jeans/shorts whatever, oh and trainers. Nobody will be any the wiser then :D
  • lol! yeahhhhhh that's true. i think everything would be great until i started talking to the guy behind the counter about all the great games out and then i started going on about how FFX-2 is one of my all time favourite games! :eek: they'd all move in around me and jump me and kick my butt and then point and laugh and say "THAT'S A GIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLZ GAME" and i'd be crying on the floor in the fetal position going "but.... but.... but i AMM a girl" *wails* and then my cover would be completely blown! -.-! lol!
  • Maybe you could forget Jay's disguise and just wear some of your girlie clothes and go for the emo look type of guy. Here on the other side of the coast on the US, you'd probably not look any different than all the emos we have here.:p
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    Maybe you could forget Jay's disguise and just wear some of your girlie clothes...

Honestly, you try to help and that's the response you get. That's the last time I give advice on what to wear. Just go ask Trinny or Suzannah next time, k? Hmph :frown::p

Anyway, why don't you just order off the net if you're scared of going in game stores.
    Or you could just rent-a-guy and pretend you've been dragged in by him instead, lol.
    Of course if you've got a brother or boyfriend then you could just drag one of them in there with you and then pretend you were the draggee not dragger :huh:
  • lol! wow i love you guys! (and that's pretty fast for me!) lol! um...... yeah all those are great suggestions, because i have a few problems with going into gaming stores. first of all, i've noticed that guys get instantly SMART the moment a girl walks into a gaming store or a comic store or whatever. they fall silly all over you trying to impress you with their vast knowledge of whatever happens to be the topic and then some...... like for instance, if i ask one simple question, i get a huge diatribe on the whole of the topic. (dude, if i wanted all that info, i would've just looked it up in wikapedia okay??? all i asked was when's the release date! sheesh) secondly.... they think i'm dumb just because i'm a girl. i can't tell you how many countless times i've gotten into a convo with some clerk about whatever........ let's just take the FF series for instance, and when they go into their diatribe about how great that game is and how they just looooooooooooved the graphics and the battle system (even though they're practically all the same) and how sqeenix is the best gaming company since sliced bread.... when i start talking about game play and certain parts of the game (i.e. did you notice such and such a thing that allows you to find such and such weapon etc etc....) they have to trip all over their tongue because the truth of the matter is...... everything they know they learnt in a ripped up copy of nintendo power and have, in fact, only played enough of the game to "impress" "dumb girls" *RAWR* one last thing..... IF I WANT YOUR PHONE NUMBER I'LL ASK YOUUUUUUU sheesh! just because we're cute geeky gaming girls that does not mean we can't get boyfriends any place else!!!!!!!!! (although sometimes the clerks are uber hot!) =D BUT STILL! these are the reasons why i don't like going :) -end diatribe- and this isn't EVERYONE so if you happen to work at these places then please don't take offense. it just ends up that way practically everytime i go into one of these places. =)
  • tanpopo said:
    lol! wow i love you guys! (and that's pretty fast for me!) lol! um...... yeah all those are great suggestions, because i have a few problems with going into gaming stores. first of all, i've noticed that guys get instantly SMART the moment a girl walks into a gaming store or a comic store or whatever. they fall silly all over you trying to impress you with their vast knowledge of whatever happens to be the topic and then some...... like for instance, if i ask one simple question, i get a huge diatribe on the whole of the topic. (dude, if i wanted all that info, i would've just looked it up in wikapedia okay??? all i asked was when's the release date! sheesh) secondly.... they think i'm dumb just because i'm a girl. i can't tell you how many countless times i've gotten into a convo with some clerk about whatever........ let's just take the FF series for instance, and when they go into their diatribe about how great that game is and how they just looooooooooooved the graphics and the battle system (even though they're practically all the same) and how sqeenix is the best gaming company since sliced bread.... when i start talking about game play and certain parts of the game (i.e. did you notice such and such a thing that allows you to find such and such weapon etc etc....) they have to trip all over their tongue because the truth of the matter is...... everything they know they learnt in a ripped up copy of nintendo power and have, in fact, only played enough of the game to "impress" "dumb girls" *RAWR* one last thing..... IF I WANT YOUR PHONE NUMBER I'LL ASK YOUUUUUUU sheesh! just because we're cute geeky gaming girls that does not mean we can't get boyfriends any place else!!!!!!!!! (although sometimes the clerks are uber hot!) =D BUT STILL! these are the reasons why i don't like going :) -end diatribe- and this isn't EVERYONE so if you happen to work at these places then please don't take offense. it just ends up that way practically everytime i go into one of these places. =)

You should see the people in the gaming shops when Jane buys games & stuff. They tend to go "Oh look it's her again, quick hide or she'll down talk us again with her wisdom guru of gaming cause we really don't have a f**kin clue what a PC engine is let alone that the last time we tried to sell her Barbie Horse Riding game telling her that Resident Evil 4 would be a bit too much for a "girlie" to handle & our last manager still can't get over having a second a$$hole torn out from her with the chainsaw controller"

And that's one of the many reasons why I'm marrying her. (but I can still whoop her on a few games!)
  • tanpopo said:
    just because we're cute geeky gaming girls that does not mean we can't get boyfriends any place else!!!!!!!!!=)

Amen to that.:)

Honestly, I don't get that sort of response from males at the gaming places. They're always so busy doing such and such that they decide they can't talk to me and I have to practically search them out to get an answer. Lazy males.;)

Oh and Jay, don't get all up in a hissy fit because my idea's better than yours..I mean..my idea is different than yours and holds more promise.:p
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    Oh and Jay, don't get all up in a hissy fit because my idea's better than yours..I mean..my idea is different than yours and holds more promise.:p

Me feels like there could be a forum "lover tiff" coming on here :D
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    Amen to that.

Honestly, I don't get that sort of response from males at the gaming places. They're always so busy doing such and such that they decide they can't talk to me and I have to practically search them out to get an answer. Lazy males.

Oh and Jay, don't get all up in a hissy fit because my idea's better than yours..I mean..my idea is different than yours and holds more promise.

ME!? HISSY FIT!? NEVER! Nah, I ain't fussed. You just spread your wisdom. I'll spread mine when I have some decent wisdom to er spread :huh:
    At least I helped one person out regarding Burnout games so there :p

Oh and if the guys ignore you again Mel, just ask them if they can show you how to play one of the games on the PS3 pod, if there is one, then just wup their a$$es at the game on the pod. That will most definitely get their attention, especially as they'll get ridiculed by the rest of the staff for losing to a girl. Then you can just beat the rest of the staff one member at a time :laugh:
    Chris N STAFF said:
    Me feels like there could be a forum "lover tiff" coming on here

Huh? What you talking about Willis? :frown: lol.
  • Honestly, I don't get that sort of response from males at the gaming places. They're always so busy doing such and such that they decide they can't talk to me and I have to practically search them out to get an answer. Lazy males.

they're intimidated by your gorgeousness mel =) guys are weird like that..... if they think you're too gorgeous they are instantly "too busy" b/c they feel intimidated or something ghey like that. :)
  • LOL they must be intimidated by my something. If anything it must be the doghair all over my work uniform when I step into the game stop. Seeing as how I just come over there when I'm on my break.:)
  • c'mon jay of course our ideas are better - we are women after all!!!!
  • Jane S STAFF said:
    c'mon jay of course our ideas are better - we are women after all!!!!

Hmmm, on that note I'll stop. Never argue with a woman! :laugh:
    Anyway, guys have good ideas too, just not as often. But when we do they're like outta this world :p
    Of course then there are people like Magnus. People born with the opposite genders brain. Now THAT must get real confusing... :huh:
  • i think gaming girls are sexxxy just like girls that race!!
  • Depends on what games we play I'm sure right? I mean, sombulus, would you find a girl whom plays F.E.A.R or a bloody war game sexy?

I'm sure when it comes to something like DDR a game like that would be ranked as "more sexy"..am I correct? Or am I just rambling like a regular old female?
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    Depends on what games we play I'm sure right? I mean, sombulus, would you find a girl whom plays F.E.A.R or a bloody war game sexy?

I'm sure when it comes to something like DDR a game like that would be ranked as "more sexy"..am I correct? Or am I just rambling like a regular old female?

Yea that is correct, i never have played DDR, but i guess it wouldn't be as sexy seeing a girl killing somebody.
  • hey! if you're a hot japanese guy, just to let you know.... i've beaten ff7 like a million times! XD and i also have a metal ddr pad at home for all my dance dance needs :D