A member of Twilight
  • A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=151]A member of Twilight[/drupal]

Well I finally got my Wii last Thursday. Did I mention that before?
    Anyway, I got my Wii complete with the controller, nunchuk, cables etc and Wii Sports. Oh and I got The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

I have to say that the new Zelda is VERY good. I have to admit that I got stuck trying to find the er fourth moneky in the Forest Temple so had to find a quide online. Apart from that I've done everyhing myself, so go me :D
  • When you show them how to play on the Wii be sure to stress thy keep a firm grip on the controller- we don't want to hear about any accidental tv killings over there. ;)
  • lol@lyndon! i haven't had that problem yet!
    oh man! that wii is really bad ass! i sat down to play twilight princess and i didn't get back up again for another 6 hours! i missed my class entirely because i had absolutely no idea how long i played! lol! =) oh.....um........ am i gonna get in trouble for praising a nintendo system? -.-! *clamps mouth shut*
  • grrr to you for having a wii before us!! Tis not fair i tell thee!!!!

It surely does suck when you dont have a job - esp when your qualified!! Could you not get something menial in the mean time to keep your dad off your back. Although i dtarted working at macdonalds to keep the parentals off my back and was there for 2 years!!

Where did u get your wii from - no were seems to have them up here yet - although we are mega saving for the big move thats coming in the summer!!
  • ohhhhhhhhhhh that there is a saga in itself.
    picture this..... best buy: black friday. there was a line wrapped alllllllllllllll they way around the building. the news crews were there........ mothers clutching the hands of whining children.........dads yelling that the whining children are too whiney. brothers and sisters quarreling over who was "there first"clutching each other's necks... and also "no cuts, no butts, no coconuts" that was a very popular phrase. and the ever popular retort "i just went across the street to starbucks to get a grande latte"..... and finally! at the stroke of 5:00......the big pearly gates (well, glass doors) opened and the light poured forth onto the parking lot, jammed full of cars and angry drivers who could no longer find parking places...... and all of us ran screaming into the building like rats running from flood. the cops were there to instill order, but that was to no avail. i ran through the aisles to my goal......... the gaming department. and behold! the wii for the taking. it was like that episode of dextor's laboratory where the two mothers were fighting for the last pair of dish gloves........and so let it be written, i came out victorious!!!!! (actually they gave me a number and i just happened to have a number equal or lesser to the amount they had in stock...) but nevertheless........... VICTORY IS MIIIIIIIIIIINE MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :D
  • Congrats on getting your Wii Jay!

You should get Raving Rabbids for that. It's a fun game!:)
  • Well Jane, I managed to get mine from the Argos store in the middle of Leeds.
    I just went in on the off chance, typed the item number into the stock checker thingy and lo and behold it said there were two, yes only TWO, Wiis coming in later that day.
    So I wrote the item number of the Wii and the item number of Zelda down, took the ticket to the desk, qued up, then had to wait god only knows how long, prob only about 10 minutes but seemed like an eternity, to finally get served.
    I reserved myself a Wii and then went home.
    Went back down to Leeds the next day and again had to wait ages to get served, nobody was on the counter.
    Anyway, finally someone turned up at the desk, I handed over my reservation tickets, she typed in the reservation number, I paid, and then it was a process of waiting a further ten minutes.

It was all worth it in the end though as I have a brand spanking new Wii to play on :D

Oh btw Lyn, I made sure they wore the wrist strap, I refuse to let anyone play it, including myself, without having the wrist strap securely fastened.
    Besides, I can't play Wii Sports properly if the strap ain't on my wrist properly. Bowling is always rubbish if I ain't got the strap securely fastened.

Only annoying thing though is having to undo the strap, put it through the nunchuks plastic loop thing and then putting the strap through the Wiimote again. It's sooo time consuming :frown:

Oh, I've got a few games pre-ordered for it already, btw. I've got the new Sonic due out in March pre-ordered along with I think one or two other games.

Although, what am I gonna do when I get my PS3 in March? :confused::o
  • argos......... brings back so many memories. *sigh* i miss england.
    i used to live in henley on thames, then i moved to london, E&C (16, clumsy, and shy...i went to london and i......)
    i've also been thru leeds on my way to manchester. where my darling morrissey once resided. XD (got pics of his house too) :) only place i didn't get to go whilst living there was sheffield where i could've hooked up with jarvis cocker ;)
    oh oh! i'm all off topic. yeah! isn't the wii grand?!?! i can't wait to start d/l some of those old skool games like kid icarus and castlevania and contra! :D yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wii! and rayman IS an uber bad ass game! ;) i love the first dancing thing where it's to that surfer song and you get to bop along with the raving rabbids!!! soooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! i like to make him disco rayman ! ha ha!

love, tanpopo*Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • tanpopo said:
    argos......... brings back so many memories. *sigh* i miss england.
    i used to live in henley on thames, then i moved to london, E&C (16, clumsy, and shy...i went to london and i......)
    i've also been thru leeds on my way to manchester. where my darling morrissey once resided. XD (got pics of his house too) :) only place i didn't get to go whilst living there was sheffield where i could've hooked up with jarvis cocker ;)

You actually MISS England? What do you miss most? It must be the weather. Rain, rain, oh and did I mention rain?
    Although, recently we've had some freak win down South. Apparently reports of non other than Tornados or is it Hurricanes? I always get mixed up. Anyway, roofs have been ripped off houses and loads of other damage been caused.
    Apparently this week it's supposed to not make it above 0c, so it's very cold. I think that's just at night though as it's not too bad through the day, apart from the aformentioned rain of course.

Anyway, seems you've been around a bit, in the nicest possible way I mean that. Intrigued how living in London you went through Leeds to get to Manchester as Manchester is lower down the country than Leeds is. Maybe I misunderstood you :confused:

Oh one question I wanted to ask you. By any of a chance do you like the song Japanese Boy or is that like saying all French people wear Onions round their necks and ride bicyles?
  • You actually MISS England? What do you miss most?

yesssssssss i miss england! i miss the fact that all the actors weren't super models. i miss the fact that you didn't have to be a size zero to get noticed. i miss the pubs where i doused my "chips" in ketchup and everyone stared aghast. i miss rowing on the thames. i miss wimpy burgers. i miss the green and the scenery and the history. i miss getting away with jumping tickets from henley to reading. ... and then getting caught a few times. i miss the football. i miss the queen and her savedness. i miss the atmosphere. i miss the great bands and festivals that were about. i miss the camden jazz cafe. i miss the 4 story dr. martins store in covent garden that had the 20 eyelet docs styled by jean paul gaultier.... that later they closed down.... and i mourned. i miss manchester with it's concrete and clay and general decay... i miss the fact that when riding from the south to the north there's a visible change in scenery starting at nottingham. i miss doing double maths a levels. i miss feeling hot and filthy in the tubes...and there's soooo much more that i just can't put here!

Anyway, seems you've been around a bit, in the nicest possible way I mean that. Intrigued how living in London you went through Leeds to get to Manchester as Manchester is lower down the country than Leeds is. Maybe I misunderstood you

yes i realise that manchester is more south than leeds but i had been coming from glasgow to see belle and sebastian and i had hopped a train in edinburgh to go back to london when we stopped in yorkshire. and i decided then that i wanted to go to manchester, but there was something wrong with the trains so we had to take a bus into leeds and from there i had to sit in the leeds bus station for a very long while waiting for a bus to manchester. well........ one finally came and then i got on it, and there was a very drunk man sitting in front of me going on about the queen mum (for she had just died) and he turned to me and asked me to opine, for which i said i had no opinion for i was american. and he stared at me for a long while and said that i sounded scottish, and accused me of being so...... *sigh* i really miss that.

Oh one question I wanted to ask you. By any of a chance do you like the song Japanese Boy or is that like saying all French people wear Onions round their necks and ride bicyles?

i've never heard that song! lol :) should i look it up?

Apparently reports of non other than Tornados or is it Hurricanes?

it's tornadoes. i live in florida, i know all about hurricanes. ;)