My PS3 Success Story
  • I think I may have gotten lucky the other day, but I have no way of knowing. I was just walking through the local strip mall, and happened to walk up to the Gamestop's front door. A small paper sign read: "WE HAVE PS3". I said, yeah right, they probably only have 20 GB ones. But, it got me very excited, and I rushed to the front desk. After the kid in front of me asked where Crash Bandicoot:TWINSANITY was, the cashier mumbled to me, "Yeah?" I said, "Do you have 60 GB PS3's?" He said, "Yeah." I said, can you hold one while I look around at the games? He said, "Yeah... sure... I can do that." I turned around thinking 'What a pleasant fellow that guy is".

I picked up Resistance: F.O.M. without hesitation and walked straight back to the desk. Another pipsqueak ran up to the cashier and asked when Ratchet and Clank: Something or other was coming to PSP. After dealing with that, I told him I wanted the PS3 and an hdmi cable. He'd already forgotten me from 20 seconds ago. So, he went to the back, unlocked the door and came back carrying it :D . I payed the astronomical price (Aren't you tired of hearing that?) and walked on out of the horrid store.

So, was I lucky, or are PS3's finally being stocked at stores now? I didn't ask the guy how many he had, I didn't really care, I just wanted mine.

Anyways, it's worth the price tag, It'll last 5 years till PSNext comes out, and I'm happy. Resistance is awesome, I love fighting 40 nerds online, and it never misses a beat. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
  • I think there are more PS3's coming around now... I called my local electronic store this last saturday and they said they had about twenty units of both 20 and 60 GB.
    When I got down there they had at least twenty five units....
    I didn't buy one as I already got my 60 GB system three weeks ago !

Worf

P.S. Resistance: Fall of Man is a great game! I have it too!
  • Worfsonofmog said:
    I think there are more PS3's coming around now... I called my local electronic store this last saturday and they said they had about twenty units of both 20 and 60 GB.
    When I got down there they had at least twenty five units....
    I didn't buy one as I already got my 60 GB system three weeks ago !

Worf

P.S. Resistance: Fall of Man is a great game! I have it too!

OK, that's good to hear, my brother wants to pick up his own ps3 this weekend, but I told him I didn't know if it would be possible.

So, do you play Resistance online any? I like online as much as I do the game, It'll be interesting to see how they arrange tournaments and things like that, once more people get the game/ps3's. (If you do play online, send me a buddy request: PS3 Handle- mcw1011 ).