Playstion 2 and 3 Keyboard mouse Play able
  • Hello I have a question abought playing a shooting game with a keyboard and mouse is it a way you can do this. I have read in some post you can't. I have a adaptor for the playstion 2 for a ps 2 port keyboard and mouse. I ordered a Playstion 3 adaptor do you think this will work. thank you Dean
  • This would only work if the game was programmed to allow it as an option. If you plan on trying this with Resistance you may be out of luck- i don't believe this will work with a keyboard/ mouse combo. I've seen posts elsewhere talking about trying this with USB devices.
  • There is a keyboard and mouse adapter for the playstation 2 console:

PS2 Max Shooter (Smart Joy Frag) Keyboard and Mouse Adapter

Now you have total control on your PS2. No more wishing you had PC accessories while playing your favorite PS2 1st person shooters!

[*]Connect PC Mouse and Keyboard to your PlayStation 2
    [*]Especially designed for First Person Shooters
    [*]PC-based comfort and acclaimed gameplay now on PlayStation 2
    [*]Supports all keys on Keyboard and Mouse (including Scroll-Wheel)
    [*]Pre-Installed configurations for most FPS Best Sellers
    [*]Fully programmable including advanced features such as Deadzone and Mouse Control Inversion
    [*]Works with any game, even without built-in Mouse + Keyboard support
    [*]Compatible with all PlayStation
  • I tried the PS2 Max Shooter with a "PS2 to PS3" adapter and the game Resistance and it doesn't work.
    The PS3 recognizes it but when i start to move my character starts to move and won't stop or starts to shoot and won't stop. It seems like it holds all the buttons down.

Is there a way to fix that?
  • Unfortunately you have run into what I thought may happen- the controller will not work properly with the adapter you are using. Right now none of the adapters out there will function properly with the PS3- you are going to have to stick with the SixAxis controller with this game.
  • where did you get a ps2 to ps3 adapter. I tried the MS with a ps2 to usb adapter and it doesnt work at all. Keyboard nor the mouse light up
  • There are PlayStation 2 controller- to- USB adapters available at places like Radio Shack. However, they don't work for using the PS2 controller on the PS3.

You may have better luck with an actual USB keyboard- as for the mouse that control option would have to be programmed into the game to work properly and there wouldn't be any games with that.
  • I tried the ps2-to-ps3 usb adapter that videogamecentral sells. A regular ps2 controller works with it. When I connect the "PS2 max shooter"(aslo purchased from videogamecentral) it recognizes it but does not function right on the game "Resistance".

Edit: Maybe other games will workwith the two adapters. I've only tested Resistance.
  • I think I found the solution for having the precision of a mouse for the game Resistance.
    SplitFish has a new controller coming out called FragFX for the PS3
  • How well it would work still depends on if mouse control is programmed into the game. Resistance, to my knowledge, does not have it.
  • IGN put the FragFX prototype to the test with Resistance on the PS3. so it works
    IGN: Split Fish PS3 FragFX Controller Hands-On