Your Gaming Collection
  • Here's an idea. In some gaming magazines they welcome their subscribers to send in photos of their video games/systems/memorabilia collections. If you could have a minute, why not post a photo of your gaming collection here? I will edit this post with a picture of mine when I gather it all together (I'm betting it's nothing compared to yours), so until then, let me see yours!

Alrighty then, lets see those cool collections! :D
  • I don't think pictures of loads of brown cardboard boxes would qualify for this. All mine are boxed up ready for a house move. Except the PS2 & Cube that's getting packed up next
  • My collection is not nearly as big as it would have been if I wasn't in the habit of selling off the older stuff when jumping to the "next" and selling some games I was done with.

As it is now i have the TurboGrafx-16 (better known as the PC Engine in the UK and Japan) with a few games, a Super Nintendo system with a few cartridges, the Wii, the PS2, the PSP and the PS3 with a small assortment of games for each (moreso for the PS2).
  • Die hard sega fan here
    we had a master system but in 98 we gave it to a friend who couldnt afford any games for hs children, alot of the games and controllers we do not use, are in boxes in the attic, and the ones that werent i wasnt bout to make that big of a mess just to take a photo of them.
  • sombulus, those are great pictures man, thanks for taking the time to post them all :) You have quite the collection.

I am like Lyndon... I feel dumb because I sold every system I had when each "Next-gen" system came out (Genesis became Playstation which led to N64, etc.). Now I want half of them back. See, back in the 90's, TVs only had one A/V input slot to work with. That sucked, so I thought TV's would never be able to support more than one good system. Boy was I wrong. PS3 can use the HDMI now, and TV's have tons of extra slots to work with. I miss my N64 a little :(

OK guys, post those pictures when you have your yard sales :D!
  • That's one reason I bought the Wii- thanks to the virtual console on there I can enjoy some of the games I played back then once again. :)
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    That's one reason I bought the Wii- thanks to the virtual console on there I can enjoy some of the games I played back then once again. :)

You know Lyndon, I wrestled with myself for a long time over whether to get a Wii, ps3, or xbox360. It would have been a clear cut race for the ps3, had it not been so hard to find. But I recently did find mine, so that made the decision for me. But how do YOU like the Wii? I don't like the fact that the graphics aren't HD on the Wii, but besides that, I don't think I have any complaints about it.

Nothings really holding me back from picking one up, would you recommend it?
  • mcw1011 said:
    sombulus, those are great pictures man, thanks for taking the time to post them all :) You have quite the collection.

I am like Lyndon... I feel dumb because I sold every system I had when each "Next-gen" system came out (Genesis became Playstation which led to N64, etc.). Now I want half of them back. See, back in the 90's, TVs only had one A/V input slot to work with. That sucked, so I thought TV's would never be able to support more than one good system. Boy was I wrong. PS3 can use the HDMI now, and TV's have tons of extra slots to work with. I miss my N64 a little :(
    OK guys, post those pictures when you have your yard sales :D!

I wish it were larger, being eighteen i am now just about to open my own Ebay account, and i hope that my collection grows. my family also has a nack for not getting rid of stuff we have about three non working computers, and four broke laptops.
  • sombulus said:
    I wish it were larger, being eighteen i am now just about to open my own Ebay account, and i hope that my collection grows. my family also has a nack for not getting rid of stuff we have about three non working computers, and four broke laptops.

lol, well, if we had the Space at our house to keep all that kind of stuff, I betcha I'd have a lot more junk. Unfortunately, we have too much junk as it is right now, so we need a yard sale to go down soon.

I've been checking out Ebay here and there, looking at some older game system prices. I guess I don't really know what I want. Oh well, I'll figure it out.
  • Think I'll answer your question mcw, seeming as Lyn can't be bothered, lol.

I would sort of recommend getting a Wii. I've got one, but only got two games. Got Wii Sports, which doesn't really count as that comes with the console, and Zelda Twilight Princess.

First off, for Wii sports, you really need two or more wiimotes (wii remotes) as one just doesn't cut it.
    Secondly, in terms of my Zelda game, I've had two problems with my Wii since I bought it.
    [LIST=1]
    [*]First off, I accidently deleted my save file of which I'd played about 20 hours worth of gameplay. (Why the in the world Nintendo didn't put a confirmation box in case you accidently click earase, I dunno. Idiots!)
    [*]And the other problem. I restarted my game, and part way through it where you have to get the Zora child from Castle Town to Kakariko Village, when I was in the big field getting chased by Ork type enemies on Boars and those annoying big birds dropping bombs, well my console completely froze. When I say completely, I mean COMPLETELY! I couldn't even turn the console off. I had to physically remove the power cable from the back of the console.[/LIST]

Other than those minor problems, everything is fine now. I've no played about 25-30 hours of play and am about to go find the 3 Twilight Mirror Shards.

All in all, buy the Wii if you want a fun easy time with friends and family. As as individual player, it's not as fun or good. Unless you have a proper single player game like Zelda.

So you got a spare bit of cash to buy a Wii and can get your hands on one? Then go get one, and another Wiimote and Nunchuk. Oh and you'll want a classic controller or two if you're going to download classic Nintendo games from the Wii Shopping Channel thingy.

Jay
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Other than those minor problems, everything is fine now. I've no played about 25-30 hours of play and am about to go find the 3 Twilight Mirror Shards.

I'm up to that & just about to set out to get the 3rd part of the mirror and I seemed to be locked in a Q&A between villages to regain a stupid girlie bints memory. Now that will have to wait for a few months
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Think I'll answer your question mcw, seeming as Lyn can't be bothered, lol.

So you got a spare bit of cash to buy a Wii and can get your hands on one? Then go get one, and another Wiimote and Nunchuk. Oh and you'll want a classic controller or two if you're going to download classic Nintendo games from the Wii Shopping Channel thingy.

Jay

Ah, I didn't think anyone noticed what I asked :D, glad you did Jason. Well, let me tell you how lucky I continue to be. I went to an EB Games today, after grabbing my paycheck (:p) and just casually said to the fellow, "I guess I shouldn't be asking this, but do you have any Wiis?" While twirling a ten foot long string of keys, nearly smacking the computer screen in front of him, he told me "No, we only get random shipments in small numbers." He went on to explain why they didn't have more, but I didn't really care what he was saying at that point.

I didn't go in there actually expecting to buy one, lol, I just was in the spending mood. While looking at a vertical PS3 stand (15 bucks... I guess that's decent), the dude yelled across the store at me, "You better hurry to the Gamestop in Birkdale (Which is only about 2-3 miles from the EB, lol, they are popping up everywhere), I just talked to them and they just got a shipment of Wiis." I tossed the Ps3 stand over my shoulder and headed for the door.

Strangely enough the Gamestop he told me to visit is the same one that had a PS3 when I casually strolled in a few weeks ago. So, I bought it and Zelda: TP. I didn't see your post until just now, so thanks for recommending it anyway Jason! Well, I won't be able to connect to the net, looks like for one more week. I am having a guy come install a wireless network for it and the ps3, so I will be interested to see the wii virtual console.

You say I need the classic controller for virtual console games... is that true? Can't I just turn my wiimote sideways? Seems like that would work in the same way (Honestly, I haven't payed any attention to the classic controller, but I've seen that it looks like maybe a snes controller? I think...) wouldn't it?
  • mcw1011 said:
    You say I need the classic controller for virtual console games... is that true? Can't I just turn my wiimote sideways? Seems like that would work in the same way (Honestly, I haven't payed any attention to the classic controller, but I've seen that it looks like maybe a snes controller? I think...) wouldn't it?

Soz mcw, the only way you'll be able to play classic Mario Bro's and Tetris, or whatever is available and will be available on the games downloads, is by using a classic controller. IF, however, you wanna play GameCube games on your Wii, then you've probably already realised that there are two flaps on the top of the Wii. The Big one is for FOUR 'Cube Controllers and the small one is for TWO 'Cube Memory Cards.
    So you obviously won't need the classic controller for 'Cube games. The classic controller is for snes games, possibly maybe N64 games, but not totally sure about them, and probably classic nes games as well, if they have or will release those games also.

Prob if you go check the nintendo website, there'll be a FAQ about what the classic controller actually is for. Dunno what the address would be, plus can't exactly put it on here even if I did know. Competition and whatnot! :o
  • Is Internet Explorer on the Dreamcast any good then? ... lol
  • basejumper said:
    Is Internet Explorer on the Dreamcast any good then? ... lol

Don't knock it until your PC fries & you need to get online to check an important Hotmail e-mail!
  • Chris N STAFF said:
    I'm up to that & just about to set out to get the 3rd part of the mirror and I seemed to be locked in a Q&A between villages to regain a stupid girlie bints memory. Now that will have to wait for a few months

Just finished getting Ilia's memory back last night, so went ahead and got the letters from the Owl statues that allowed me access to the Sky Cannon thingy. Completed City in the Sky as well.

Is it me, or are the enemies actually not as difficult anymore? It always takes me about 5-10 mins to get into the groove of what I've got to do to kill the main boss, but once I'm there they turn out to be quite easy. The only mainly annoying bit of the fight with the Dragon is: after you've hit it twice, when you're Clawshotting from flying plant to flying plant, it then breathes fire one way then the other. Kept catching me out, because you've gotta turn and clawshot the opposite way.

Gonna get the last of the poe souls if I can (only got 9 more to find), that way I can get 100% complete as I've already given Agitha ALL the bugs she wanted. Then I'm gonna rejoin the mirror shards and enter the "proper" Twilight Zone (wasn't there a weird horror/sci-fi series called that? :confused:).

Oh, also managed to get the damn Large Quiver, so I can now have the maximum 100 arrows. Took me er three tries altogether with the double-clawshots, I think.